Terrific Effort but what about 3rd down D?...

VJ91

From what I saw last night, the Bills would be the odds on favorite to win the Grey Cup this year. Unfortunately, in the NFL, nobody punts on 3rd down. I know it's Brady and a great offensive line, but why does Fewell go into that zone defense - no pass rush - mode on every third down? Hey, the Bills stopped the Pats on two 4th downs . But on third down, there simply was no stopping Brady all night.

On offense, what the hell was up with Evans and T.O. last night? This is why the Bills invested about 15 Million between the two of them this season, so they could catch 5 or 6 balls combined, and both drop vital 3rd down passes? ;) On the other side of the field, Moss and Welker certainly earned their superstar money, didn't they? I don't care about gameplans, or how much better Brady and his line are then Edwards his line are. The kids on Edwards' line gave him time to find either guy downfield plenty of times last night. The truth of the matter is neither one got open. I thought Evans was going to have 16 - 100 yard games with the addition of Owens this season. This is his break out year, right?

Too bad. The young players, including Edwards, played like the superstars while our supposed older stars, with the obvious exception of Aaron Schoebel, who was by far the Bills' MVP last night, played like rookies. When Schoebel sacked Brady just before Maybin got there, I saw a spark that did not exist last season with the defense.

Now if Fewell can somehow figure out how to get his guys off the damn field on third downs, this team could sneak right into the playoffs this season. :pirate: