Brady, Belichick should brace for blitzes

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...ce-for-blitzes/

The best thing Belichick can do for Brady is keep his body and its contents assembled as intended.

It will be a challenge, but we've got a feeling that Belichick and Brady welcome it.

The process begins Monday night, against the Bills.

:w00t::w00t::doh::lol:Blitz? Perry Fewell doesn't blitz! Oh wait, sometimes he will send someone on a funky "zone blitz". I love those. We get the monumental pleasure of watching a Patriot running back take the short pass from Brady, who barely gets bothered by the safety or LB blitzing up the middle right into a pile of humanity, while Schoebel or Kelsay are left looking beyond stupid as they sprint behind the back to make the tackle 24 yards downfield. Yeah, those blitzes are really effective. The best the Bills can hope for is not to get called for roughing the QB, tacking another 15 yards onto the 24 yard gain, as the safety or LB finally break through the humanity, totally out of control, and possibly attempt to slam Brady to the ground out of sheer frustration!

Dude, why on earth do the think the Bills defense cannot stop a single 3rd down play - like, ever! Fewell hates blitzing. :thumbdown::censored:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...ce-for-blitzes/

The best thing Belichick can do for Brady is keep his body and its contents assembled as intended.

It will be a challenge, but we've got a feeling that Belichick and Brady welcome it.

The process begins Monday night, against the Bills.

Let's see if we've got a blitz.

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!

NE* runs most plays out of a shotgun. Send the DTs straight ahead at the snap - you push the pocket back, and can catch a rb. I don't watch a lot of NE* games, but I don't recall them pulling their guards much - correct me if I'm wrong.

The Pats have one of the most active and nimble OL in the game. They are forever pulling their interior 3 - Neal, Mankins and Koppen - which is probably why they are perhaps the best screen and misdirection team in the league.