highest ranked of the losing-record teams

UB2SF

Dr. Z moves us from #24 to #16, with the following quote:

Buffalo Bills (3-5)

They creep into the top half of the board for the first time this season, and this is not as outlandish as it looks because there are now no, repeat no, teams left that have winning records. So in lieu of their two straight wins at home, beneath the beating of the frigid wings of the Hawk, the Bills stake a modest claim toward respectability.

Dr. Z moves us from #24 to #16, with the following quote:

Buffalo Bills (3-5)

They creep into the top half of the board for the first time this season, and this is not as outlandish as it looks because there are now no, repeat no, teams left that have winning records. So in lieu of their two straight wins at home, beneath the beating of the frigid wings of the Hawk, the Bills stake a modest claim toward respectability.

112046[/snapback]

1. I think power rankings are a big whatever. Any of us could do the same thing and come up with something close.

2. None of the teams are the same teams they were in September. To me, one should closer at how teams are playing now, rather than their record. Pittsburgh is scary right now, but who knows two weeks from now?

3. The Bills have been relatively speaking, remarkably free of serious injury. Luck is involved, but someone has them conditioned too. We lost guys even before the season and in the early part of the season we are getting back now, rather than have them go down now. You think Daunte missed Randy Moss?

4. Yes, we have the highest marks of all the kids that failed. I call it a complement, and the rest of the league is going to go "Oh stevestojan" when the Bills beat the Pats Sunday (This WILL happen, and I'm not being a Homer, unless the Coleman Committee takes it away again) if we are on their schedule.

5. Don't underestimate the value of the Arizona win. Think Red Zone.