Linebacker depth?...

VJ91

From today's Buffalo News, here is a direct quote: "...None of the Bills' second-string linebackers have ever made a tackle on defense in a regular-season NFL game. Linebacker depth is one of the big worries on the team."

In the words of Vince Lombardi; "What the hell is going on out there?" And by "out there", I mean in the offices of the Inner Circle Jerks! I have a question for the posters in the know: about how much money do the Bills have left under the salary cap today? Cato June came in. Freddy Kaiho came in. Experienced linebackers who have made many tackles in the NFL have been released and re-signed by other teams. And yet someone at OBD has the audacity to admit that "linebacker depth is one of the big worries on the team."???!!! :thumbsup:

What, is the key getting Maybin into camp? Is Maybin going to be the Bills "monster" back or something? Are they going to line him up everywhere on defense and pretend he is the second coming of Bruce Smith and expect 15 sacks and over 100 tackles out of him from his rookie year on out??

Yeah, I'm one of the guys out here hoping against hope that the whole thing somehow works out and the Bills finish at least 9-7-0 this season. But looking at the lack of experience and talent the circle jerks have assembled overall compared to the 12 teams that made the playoffs last year, I am really starting to doubt that Dicky can pull out even a 4th straight 7-9-0 season.

And maybe that will be best, so the whole thing can get blown up, and real NFL people might come in and put the players out there with at least one play of experience on second team.