Bills Backers in Blacksburg, VA?

Cereal

Hey Wall,

I'm moving down there in a few weeks to start grad school at VT.

The Bills Backers website lists a group in Roanoke, but I'm hoping there's a group there in Blacksburg? Come on, there's got to be at least a few Bills fans going to school there, right? Any advice appreciated!

Thanks!

Cheers <_<

and GO BILLS!!

-Cereal

Hokies rule! We live down in Chesapeake (stayed down here after I retired from the Navy a few years ago). My daughter just graduated from VT a month or so ago. Going to be a good year for the Hokies, hopefully for the Bills too. There are two different Bills Backers clubs down here, I used to be associated with one, I stayed with them for 6 or 7 years, but it turned into too much of a click thing, kinda like high school. If you weren't in their click, it didn't matter what or how much you contributed, you didn't have a say in anything.

Hokies rule! We live down in Chesapeake (stayed down here after I retired from the Navy a few years ago). My daughter just graduated from VT a month or so ago. Going to be a good year for the Hokies, hopefully for the Bills too. There are two different Bills Backers clubs down here, I used to be associated with one, I stayed with them for 6 or 7 years, but it turned into too much of a click thing, kinda like high school. If you weren't in their click, it didn't matter what or how much you contributed, you didn't have a say in anything.

Two BBB's in Blacksburg...? Clicks don't sound fun. Any more info? Or just any idea how easy it would be to get the Bills game on at any bar or a specific bar? I just don't want to be alone :)

Also, yeah! I'm excited about VT football! The one thing I regret not having during undergrad... huge D1 football.

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
im staying in blacksburg too. i usually go to buffalo wild wings, or this sports bar in radford. ive met one other bills fan in blacksburg. not a lot of us.

Awesome! I'll try BWW for the TB home opener... I'll be there in my blue TT#34.

This has been a long offseason...

sharky's on w main in radford. its got a dozen or so big screens, one HUGE screen, which is reserved for VT and the skins. but if you are there early and have a full table, they will show your game. im sure they will be playing the bills/pats game on that screen because of the day and time. there are a few pat/bandwagoners here. i like it better. its twice the size, half the people, and the beer is cheaper. even the wings are better. killer ribs too.

if we need to and have enough people, we can start a BB bills backers here. im sure sharky's or BWW would be in to having a small crowd dedicated to drinking all of their beer. and maybe an RSVP table.

I'm game. All I know is BWW in Blacksburg is within walking distance for me.

I assume the Sharky's in Radford is a lot bigger and nicer than the one in Blacksburg? Sounds like the Radford one is worth checking out.

• 1 month later...
I'm game. All I know is BWW in Blacksburg is within walking distance for me.

I assume the Sharky's in Radford is a lot bigger and nicer than the one in Blacksburg? Sounds like the Radford one is worth checking out.

Went to BWW in Blacksburg this evening... first BWW I've ever been to. Didn't expect much from their wings, but I was still very disappointed. Any other suggestions for where to catch the NO game in Blacksburg Sunday.... Shout at me!

Cereal

Went to BWW in Blacksburg this evening... first BWW I've ever been to. Didn't expect much from their wings, but I was still very disappointed. Any other suggestions for where to catch the NO game in Blacksburg Sunday.... Shout at me!

Cereal

I went to tech from 2000 to 04 and remained in Blacksburg until 2006ish. I'd alwas go watch at Big Als and would usually find this one faithful fan wearing a Molds jersey.... They'd have all the games on.