According to PFW Rankings

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDr...llPositions.htm

RK. Pos # Name School Grade Height Weight Speed Notes

10. DE 59 Aaron Maybin Penn State 6.40 6041 250 4.74 Soph-3, OLB

37. OC 77 Eric Wood Louisville 5.85 6037 310 5.23 OG

43. CB 32 Jarius Byrd Oregon 5.75 5100 201 4.69 Jr., PR, S

45. OG 66 Andy Levitre Oregon State 5.75 6025 305 5.36 C, OT

I was pretty content with their picks.

But using that as your reference is a little strange.

They take Maybin at 11, he's ranked 10.

They take Wood at 28, he's ranked 37.

They take Byrd at 42, he's ranked 43.

They take Levitre at 51, he's ranked 45.

Add it all up and they took the 4 guys at a combined 3 spots BEFORE where PFW had them ranked. I don't put much stock into those rankings, but apparently you do. Either way, I would guess by PFW's standards they did very AVERAGE drafting.

It was a good day because they had 4 picks in the top 51. And they're probably going to get good grade from the publications. Because they had 4 picks in the top 51, not because they unearthed a bunch of steals.

I was pretty content with their picks.

But using that as your reference is a little strange.

They take Maybin at 11, he's ranked 10.

They take Wood at 28, he's ranked 37.

They take Byrd at 42, he's ranked 43.

They take Levitre at 51, he's ranked 45.

Add it all up and they took the 4 guys at a combined 3 spots BEFORE where PFW had them ranked. I don't put much stock into those rankings, but apparently you do. Either way, I would guess by PFW's standards they did very AVERAGE drafting.

It was a good day because they had 4 picks in the top 51. And they're probably going to get good grade from the publications. Because they had 4 picks in the top 51, not because they unearthed a bunch of steals.

It's not just because of the rankingss...we addressed majors needs with good picks. Last year our pass rush was awful, our interior line play was very weak...how may 3rd or 4th and shorts got blown up? and our safety play was down right mediocre to put in kindly.

Good 1st day all in all...not that we addressed every need, but that's where day 2 comes in.