Draft strategy

I wanted to post my thoughts on draft strategy that teams should use.

Like last year, I think teams should use the draft to select offensive players and/or the core of all teams. i.e. QBs, RBs, OL before they go to LB, DL.

I can't see why teams waste so many high picks on positions that simply don't see the ball that much or tackle the ball that much, i.e. WRs, TEs and DBs.

Historically speaking DBs have been a very stupid position to take early in the draft. If you look at all the No. 1's the Raiders wasted on DBs, it's a pretty sad situation.

We all hear about how important the running game is, so I think most teams should draft a RB, if not two, almost every year because they get hurt and blown out the league so quick.

I wanted to post my thoughts on draft strategy that teams should use.

Like last year, I think teams should use the draft to select offensive players and/or the core of all teams. i.e. QBs, RBs, OL before they go to LB, DL.

I can't see why teams waste so many high picks on positions that simply don't see the ball that much or tackle the ball that much, i.e. WRs, TEs and DBs.

Historically speaking DBs have been a very stupid position to take early in the draft. If you look at all the No. 1's the Raiders wasted on DBs, it's a pretty sad situation.

We all hear about how important the running game is, so I think most teams should draft a RB, if not two, almost every year because they get hurt and blown out the league so quick.

That works when your team has an OL that can block for your RB. We have three good RBs on the roster right now, but no idea who's going to block for them. We need to draft OL for sure. Probably two of our first four picks should be OL. And we have had no pass rush the past couple of seasons. We need to draft a difference maker on the DL who can either rush the passer from the DE position, or demand more attention in the middle, freeing up our current DEs to make more one on one plays.

That works when your team has an OL that can block for your RB. We have three good RBs on the roster right now, but no idea who's going to block for them. We need to draft OL for sure. Probably two of our first four picks should be OL. And we have had no pass rush the past couple of seasons. We need to draft a difference maker on the DL who can either rush the passer from the DE position, or demand more attention in the middle, freeing up our current DEs to make more one on one plays.

The Bills biggest need is RB. I'm not impressed with the two they have right now.