Edwards intros Kerry for concession

Edwards opened up sounding like he was verbalizing text for a campaign flyer. What a lightweight.

Kerry thanked the supporters, then his wife and kids. He brought up Viet Nam in a non-adversarial fashion. Thanked campaign manager Ms. Cahill. Thanked volunteers. Thanked volunteers again. Expressed regret for losing. I'll fight for a new world etc. Usual paen to the faithful -expected usual stuff. Call for unity. Hopes Bush will advance that and will work with. No congradulations to the winner. Mentioned some campaign topics.

My opinion - not bad.

Edwards opened up sounding like he was verbalizing text for a campaign flyer. What a lightweight.

Kerry thanked the supporters, then his wife and kids. He brought up Viet Nam in a non-adversarial fashion. Thanked campaign manager Ms. Cahill. Thanked volunteers. Thanked volunteers again. Expressed regret for losing. I'll fight for a new world etc. Usual paen to the faithful -expected usual stuff. Call for unity. Hopes Bush will advance that and will work with. No congradulations to the winner. Mentioned some campaign topics.

My opinion - not bad.

99860[/snapback]

It will be interesting to see how Bush's speech goes..will he reach out to democrats

and try to mend the rift in this country..will be interesting to see...Kerry still retains his senate seat, am I correct?

It will be interesting to see how Bush's speech goes..will he reach out to democrats

and try to mend the rift in this country..will be interesting to see...Kerry still retains his senate seat, am I correct?

99868[/snapback]

Edwards and Kerry both do, from what I understand.

I heard most of Kerry's speech (via C-SPAN) and I thought it was pretty good.

Anyone else listening to the psychos calling in to C-SPAN right now? What a freak show.

Edwards was just painful to listen to. I felt bad for Kerry having to wait through Edwards' 2008 primary speech to get to his concession speech. I felt it was particularly inappropriate that Edwards talked divisively about the two parties when Kerry was waiting to talk about uniting and working together (of course, don't they always say that when they lose the Presidency, Senate, and House?)

Kerry did a great job early on explaining his decision to concede and that the votes he would need just aren't there. As I said earlier, this was a classy move.

Terayyyza must be on some serious sedatives. I can't wait to hear what she has to say when the perscription runs out.