Has Dick seen the LIGHT?

If that is what you think, fine.

But here are the facts regarding pass blocking:

Buffalo QB Sack Count 2008

Games 1-8: 23 times

Games 9-16: 15 times

No time for stats, either? :wallbash:

Sacks are not black and white on pressure. Ints come into play as well as the difference in yards. I alwasy have time for stats.

P-att p-yds sacks int r- atts r-yards

Games 1-8 244 1845 23 6 207 750

Games 9-16 235 1224 15 9 230 1092

We had 9 less pass atempts in the second half for 621 less yards 8 less sacks 3 more ints- so thats 7.56 yds per attempt in first half to 5.21 yards per attempt in the second half thats the pressure we did not do better at

while

Rushing had 23 more attempts for 342 more yards or 3.62 yds per carry in first half and 4.75 yards per carry in the second half the IMPROVED running I was talking about.

So again I think you are mistaken we took a 2.35 yard per attempt loss compared to the first half while rushing gained 1.13 yds per attempt compared to the first half.

Would you agree with me now? :thumbsup:

Sacks are not black and white on pressure. Ints come into play as well as the difference in yards. I alwasy have time for stats.

P-att p-yds sacks int r- atts r-yards

Games 1-8 244 1845 23 6 207 750

Games 9-16 235 1224 15 9 230 1092

We had 9 less pass atempts in the second half for 621 less yards 8 less sacks 3 more ints- so thats 7.56 yds per attempt in first half to 5.21 yards per attempt in the second half thats the pressure we did not do better at

while

Rushing had 23 more attempts for 342 more yards or 3.62 yds per carry in first half and 4.75 yards per carry in the second half the IMPROVED running I was talking about.

So again I think you are mistaken we took a 2.35 yard per attempt loss compared to the first half while rushing gained 1.13 yds per attempt compared to the first half.

Would you agree with me now? <_<

No. I am addressing your run on statement:

"2. So here we are two years after we signed dockery and walker to sure up our OL that we are in a potentially worse situation then we were then with our OL so that makes me wonder how long will trent stay healthy after being knocked on his back so much and how often are they going to be willing to throw it when they show they cannot blcok the pass rush. This is not specualtion either they couldnt stop the pass rush last season either."

Buffalo's OL did a better job of picking up the pass rush in the 2nd half of the season.

Opposing teams knew that Buffalo had virtually no offensive answer for strong pass rushing and especially blitzes. Everyone could see the OL was struggling early in the season and teams just pinned their ears back and came for blood. Sack tally was 23 at mid season. First 4 games of the season: 11 sacks. First 4 games of 2nd half of season: 5 sacks. Edwards threw a bunch of interceptions that had nothing to do with pressure. Pressure wasn't even at the stadium.

QB's have to be able to function and make decisions and throw (or run), under pressure. There's not much any QB can do when a defensive player is planted on him, with only a very few exceptions. Edwards doesn't have the speed to escape and he doesn't have the size and strength to shake off sacks. Considering there were 8 fewer sacks in the 2nd half of a season that saw defenses blitzing practically the entire game, I say the OL improved in protecting the QB.

I'm not debating the running game. No team "stops" the pass rush. The OL did a better job in the 2nd half of the season.

No. I am addressing your run on statement:

"2. So here we are two years after we signed dockery and walker to sure up our OL that we are in a potentially worse situation then we were then with our OL so that makes me wonder how long will trent stay healthy after being knocked on his back so much and how often are they going to be willing to throw it when they show they cannot blcok the pass rush. This is not specualtion either they couldnt stop the pass rush last season either."

Buffalo's OL did a better job of picking up the pass rush in the 2nd half of the season.

Opposing teams knew that Buffalo had virtually no offensive answer for strong pass rushing and especially blitzes. Everyone could see the OL was struggling early in the season and teams just pinned their ears back and came for blood. Sack tally was 23 at mid season. First 4 games of the season: 11 sacks. First 4 games of 2nd half of season: 5 sacks. Edwards threw a bunch of interceptions that had nothing to do with pressure. Pressure wasn't even at the stadium.

QB's have to be able to function and make decisions and throw (or run), under pressure. There's not much any QB can do when a defensive player is planted on him, with only a very few exceptions. Edwards doesn't have the speed to escape and he doesn't have the size and strength to shake off sacks. Considering there were 8 fewer sacks in the 2nd half of a season that saw defenses blitzing practically the entire game, I say the OL improved in protecting the QB.

I'm not debating the running game. No team "stops" the pass rush. The OL did a better job in the 2nd half of the season.

So you are using sacks as a tell all to our OLs ability to stop the pressure. No the fact that we threw the ball 9 less times and 600+ yards less than the first half. Our per pass yardage declined by 2+ yards and that to you is an indication that the line did a much better job of protecting the QB? Are you serious did you watch any of the games in the second half? They couldnt stop the pressure. The completion % also went form 68% in the first half to 60% in the second half. How many of those are dropped passes or throw the ball away to avoid the sack.

Also your description of Edwards is way off base he is like better than JP becuase of his ability to avoid sacks. By tossing the ball away or to the checkdown guy who is sometimes parrallel to him.

There were alot of games the pressure was soo much that he only threw to the checkdown guy. Is that part of the offense I wouldnt disagree with you but for you to state that SACKS are BLACK AND WHITE in determining the OL was better at protecting the QB is slightly skewed.

You have the right to your opinion, but let me ask this if the OL improved so much in the second half explain why they cut dockery and did not resign fowler or preston? yes they tried for preston but he certainly was not going to be a starter on our team which is most like the reason he went to GB.

You need to rewatch the second half because I saw alot of pressure on the Qbs in the second half and no adjustments on our behalf to slow it down.

Also its a chat room not english class. I do not care how my typing, spelling or grammar is. Im just trying to get my thoughts down whcih is much quicker than my fingers can type it since I am not much of a typist.

So you are using sacks as a tell all to our OLs ability to stop the pressure. No the fact that we threw the ball 9 less times and 600+ yards less than the first half. Our per pass yardage declined by 2+ yards and that to you is an indication that the line did a much better job of protecting the QB? Are you serious did you watch any of the games in the second half? They couldnt stop the pressure. The completion % also went form 68% in the first half to 60% in the second half. How many of those are dropped passes or throw the ball away to avoid the sack.

Also your description of Edwards is way off base he is like better than JP becuase of his ability to avoid sacks. By tossing the ball away or to the checkdown guy who is sometimes parrallel to him.

There were alot of games the pressure was soo much that he only threw to the checkdown guy. Is that part of the offense I wouldnt disagree with you but for you to state that SACKS are BLACK AND WHITE in determining the OL was better at protecting the QB is slightly skewed.

You have the right to your opinion, but let me ask this if the OL improved so much in the second half explain why they cut dockery and did not resign fowler or preston? yes they tried for preston but he certainly was not going to be a starter on our team which is most like the reason he went to GB.

You need to rewatch the second half because I saw alot of pressure on the Qbs in the second half and no adjustments on our behalf to slow it down.

Also its a chat room not english class. I do not care how my typing, spelling or grammar is. Im just trying to get my thoughts down whcih is much quicker than my fingers can type it since I am not much of a typist.

All RIGHT.

I am going to reply to you this once, and then as far as I am concerned, this is a closed subject.

I never said any of my statements were a "tell all", nor did I state that sacks were "BLACK AND WHITE" in determining that the OL was better at protecting the QB. Stop misquoting me.

If the offense threw the ball 9 less times in the last 8 games, that is a minuscule amount. That's 1 quarter of play.

Dropped passes to avoid the sack? What exactly is that?

Yes, I watched every game. No team....NO TEAM stops defensive pressure. No team keeps their QB from being pressured. Show me a QB with 0 sacks. Show me a QB with no pressure. Every QB in the NFL has to throw under pressure. Roethlisberger throws with defensive players hanging all over him.

Declining pass/yards has no direct correlation to the OL unless someone manipulates statistics to connect unrelated dots.

I don't know about Preston and Fowler. Do you? Do you have some inside information that we are not aware of? Teams cut and don't resign players for a variety of reasons, each and every year. If you have inside information, please enlighten us.

Yes, this is my opinion. I have mine, you have yours. I however, have not misquoted you.

Smoe poepel perss the splel cehck buottn mkae smoe atetmpt at grmamar jsut out of cnosdriaotin for ohtres. You sohlud as wlel.

Closed.