Another Prima Donna Bites The Dust

http://blogs.nbcsports.com/home/archives/2...bites-dust.html

Great article!

Clubs yammer about team building during this part of the season. With all the emphasis placed on attendance at offseason workouts and starting the year in mental lockstep, it's not a surprise that these moves are made now.

Often, these decisions are met with unchecked outrage and prophesies of doom by fanbases and the media. And sometimes, the team shares blame in the need to get rid of the guy. The Cowboys and Broncos both let their situations with T.O. and Cutler get out of hand.

But it's never as dire as predicted. The whole - as we've seen over and over again - is greater than the sum of its parts especially in the NFL. Take a bad guy or a pain in the posterior off a team and watch the negligible impact his departure has. Put a good guy on a team - a consensus builder, a player with a track record as a winner and a leader - and watch the results. Exhibit A would be Chad Pennington in Miami last year.

I hope Bills made right decision with T.O. but since it is a one year contract it does give me hope. Even more I hope they do the right "Cutler-like" decision with our current pain-in-the-ass Peters and do better with a OT willing to work in offseason.