Maybin @ OLB

Maybin reminds me of Gholston. Everyone says he'd be better off staying in school another year, but can a team like us use his "rawness" and make him nto a big, pass rushing LB? @ 6'3 236lbs, he's no big enough to be an every down DE, but is perfect fit for OLB.

worth a shot or pass?

I think it's obvious that the team needs to generate alot more pressure. I admittedly don't know the complete workings of a Tampa 2 in regards to the linebackers. The base is a 4-3 and plays straight up on run downs, right? The middle drops back on passing downs and covers centerfield and the outside linebackers cover zones, along with the cb's and safeties. So in order for a converted linebacker to be effective he's going to have to be blitzed, leaving a zone open. Another option would be to drop a DE into the uncovered zone as said linebacker is blitzing. I guess is this could work but how often can you do this effectively in a game? How limited are you throughout a season? My amateur opinion is that a rush linebacker is a wasted weapon in the Tampa 2 and that in a 3-4 he could be used in multiple ways. Again I'm no expert but most 4-3 bases rely on their DE's for pressure. It's too bad because these rush linebacker/undersized DE's are much easier to find in today's nfl.

Maybin reminds me of Gholston. Everyone says he'd be better off staying in school another year, but can a team like us use his "rawness" and make him nto a big, pass rushing LB? @ 6'3 236lbs, he's no big enough to be an every down DE, but is perfect fit for OLB.

worth a shot or pass?

you don't waste the #11 pick on a conversion project - or you what the Jets got out of Ghoulston in 2008 - nada