My ideal Offseason

haus

Needs DE, LB, TE, C, WR and OT(after we trade disgruntled Peters)

Trade Peters for Boldin straight up--- ends any need for a WR in a very big way.

Free Agency---We sign 3 big name players and done.

1) DE Terrell Suggs-Ravens

2) TE Owen Daniels-Texans

3) OT Jordan Gross-Panthers

Will be costly, but we are so far under the cap, it would be possible. Ralph and Russ need to put a competitive team on the field this year.

Draft

First round pick---Rey Maualuga LB

Second round ---combine with Third or fourth depending to trade up and grab Alex Mack C

Rest of Draft BPA-- Focusing on Back up QB ,FB, DT and S with last 4 picks

McCargo comes back strong with new DL coach. Ellis turns into the beast he was in college on third downs. Alvin Bowen shows potential when he gets in the game. Scott and Simpson battle it out at S opposite Whitner.

If things went like this are 2009 Bills would make the playoffs, yes even with Dick at the helm. :blink:

Trade Peters for Boldin straight up--- ends any need for a WR in a very big way.

Will be costly, but we are so far under the cap, it would be possible. Ralph and Russ need to put a competitive team on the field this year.

Draft

Second round ---combine with Third or fourth depending to trade up and grab Alex Mack C

McCargo comes back strong with new DL coach. Ellis turns into the beast he was in college on third downs. Alvin Bowen shows potential when he gets in the game. Scott and Simpson battle it out at S opposite Whitner.

If things went like this are 2009 Bills would make the playoffs, yes even with Dick at the helm. :blink:

Would love to see some of this happen at least, but remember, even though we have cap room, Ralph won't spend it. On your FA list, Daniels is restricted, I believe, and Suggs said yesterday he's willing to take a home town discount to stay in B'more.

A more realistic offseason would be something like:

1. Bills re-sign Crowell or someone similar (Vilma or Bart Scott, for ex.) at LB;

2. Bills sign someone like Amani Toomer at WR and/or LJ Smith at TE or go after a C like the Ravens' C who's name escapes me, but that will be about it in FA;

3. Bills reup Fast Freddy, Preston and Chambers (last two for depth) but let Jabari and possibly Ellison walk--if they're smart they'll also pay Peters (I give that a 50/50); and

4. Bills then draft a DE in Rd 1 and possibly move up to take someone like Mack or Unger in late Rd 1 or Rd 2 if they haven't gotten a C in FA--if they have done that in place of getting a TE in FA, they do the same and go for a TE in Rd 2. Rest of draft becomes BPA.

Cheaply trying to plug the holes they have and hope that, plus Edwards and Lynch's improvement, along with a happy Peters and Schobel's return, is enough to carry them to the playoffs.

Would love to see some of this happen at least, but remember, even though we have cap room, Ralph won't spend it. On your FA list, Daniels is restricted, I believe, and Suggs said yesterday he's willing to take a home town discount to stay in B'more.

A more realistic offseason would be something like:

1. Bills re-sign Crowell or someone similar (Vilma or Bart Scott, for ex.) at LB;

2. Bills sign someone like Amani Toomer at WR and/or LJ Smith at TE or go after a C like the Ravens' C who's name escapes me, but that will be about it in FA;

3. Bills reup Fast Freddy, Preston and Chambers (last two for depth) but let Jabari and possibly Ellison walk--if they're smart they'll also pay Peters (I give that a 50/50); and

4. Bills then draft a DE in Rd 1 and possibly move up to take someone like Mack or Unger in late Rd 1 or Rd 2 if they haven't gotten a C in FA--if they have done that in place of getting a TE in FA, they do the same and go for a TE in Rd 2. Rest of draft becomes BPA.

Cheaply trying to plug the holes they have and hope that, plus Edwards and Lynch's improvement, along with a happy Peters and Schobel's return, is enough to carry them to the playoffs.

Your scenario make more sense in alot of ways. They won't sign vilma as he is in Middle and we have Poz.

I like the Ravens ctr as well as a top FA option, Jason Brown.

They will let Greer go as they cannot afford him and probably Ellison.

Id take Crowell over any other backer out in FA, excpet maybe Scott.

If the go DE in round 1, how can they afford to keep Kelsay? So they will likely cut him.

I can't see them taking Raji as they have strouds contract, which he wants to re=neg and just signed Kyle Williams

to extension, even though its not huge money, still substantial.

Not big on Pettigrew, as he is best TE, but not the gamebreaker for the 11th pick overall.

Rather take a shot in round two=three on one.

If we don't get Brown, love to see them take Caldwell of Alabama as he is toughest of college center lot.

we still need a FA receiver to help as Hardy won't be back for awhile and didnt look to be all the impressive

when he was healthy.

Draft

I stopped reading after the first line...what's the use.

Why would Arizona trade us Boldin for Peters, when they could sign Gross for the same money and trade Boldin for something else?

I was under the impression that Peters was younger and better then Gross. Peters caused alot of poblems last year, seems unhappy here and if he stays more of the same will happen this year. I guess I was hoping Arizona might like him on their team. Love our recievers here,but Boldin and Evans would be a nice tandem instantly making us better.