Cincinnati, Ohio

High School:

Elder

Height / Weight:

6-4 / 309

Position:

OL

At Louisville:

Fifth-year senior center who is widely considered one of the best in the country... has a nastiness needed to play the center position... studies the game and is one of the most prepared players in the nation... has great feet... has started 37 straight games at center... named to Rimingtom and Outland Trophy Watch Lists for two straight seasons... named preseason first team All-BIG EAST by Blue Ribbon Magazine... selected fourth team All-American by Plil Steele Magazine.

2007:

Started all 12 games at center... earned first team All-BIG EAST honors... started on an offense that ranked sixth nationally with an average of 488.0 yards per game... passing offense stood fourth in the country.

2006:

Started all 13 games at center... named second team All-BIG EAST Conference.

2005:

Named a Rivals.com Freshman All-American... first team Freshman All-American by sporting News and second team by collegefootballnews.com... started all 12 games at center... earned Academic All-BIG EAST accolades.

Before Louisville:

Started all 15 games at offensive tackle for Cincinnati Elder High School, guiding the school to its second straight state title with a 31-7 win over St. Edward's ... team went 28-2 over his last two seasons... played both the tackle and guard positions... earned Honorable Mention All-District honors as a junior... two-year letterwinner on the basketball team... played tight end as a junior... has good speed and excellent feet... earned first team All-League honors... son of Randal and Diane Wood... born 3/18/86... political science major.

This is what I found on him right from the Louisville website. I like that he has some nastiness. Thats something that our line needs. Does anyone know where is supposed to go in the draft?

Mike Mayock likes him better than Unger and Mack at the Center position, and he says he is even more suited for playing against a 3-4 front. Mayock is one of the only analysts that I listen to. Anyone know about this guy?

The video footage of Wood is amazing. He walls out very well and gets to the LB's often. I like Wood better than Mack, with Unger just below Wood. Mayock has Mack 3rd, in fact, with Unger (Oregon, I think) second.

Class:

Senior

Hometown:

Cincinnati, Ohio

High School:

Elder

Height / Weight:

6-4 / 309

Position:

OL

At Louisville:

Fifth-year senior center who is widely considered one of the best in the country... has a nastiness needed to play the center position... studies the game and is one of the most prepared players in the nation... has great feet... has started 37 straight games at center... named to Rimingtom and Outland Trophy Watch Lists for two straight seasons... named preseason first team All-BIG EAST by Blue Ribbon Magazine... selected fourth team All-American by Plil Steele Magazine.

2007:

Started all 12 games at center... earned first team All-BIG EAST honors... started on an offense that ranked sixth nationally with an average of 488.0 yards per game... passing offense stood fourth in the country.

2006:

Started all 13 games at center... named second team All-BIG EAST Conference.

2005:

Named a Rivals.com Freshman All-American... first team Freshman All-American by sporting News and second team by collegefootballnews.com... started all 12 games at center... earned Academic All-BIG EAST accolades.

Before Louisville:

Started all 15 games at offensive tackle for Cincinnati Elder High School, guiding the school to its second straight state title with a 31-7 win over St. Edward's ... team went 28-2 over his last two seasons... played both the tackle and guard positions... earned Honorable Mention All-District honors as a junior... two-year letterwinner on the basketball team... played tight end as a junior... has good speed and excellent feet... earned first team All-League honors... son of Randal and Diane Wood... born 3/18/86... political science major.

This is what I found on him right from the Louisville website. I like that he has some nastiness. Thats something that our line needs. Does anyone know where is supposed to go in the draft?

Thanks! That was my next question too. I wanted to know where he would go in the draft. On BuffaloBills.com there is a clip of Mike Mayock talking about him with a few highlights. He seems like he could be very good. If anyone knows where he is projected on going, please show a link if you can

The video footage of Wood is amazing. He walls out very well and gets to the LB's often. I like Wood better than Mack, with Unger just below Wood. Mayock has Mack 3rd, in fact, with Unger (Oregon, I think) second.

Yea. He has it this way

1) Wood

2) Unger

3) Mack

4) Shipley

5) Luigs

Mike Mayock likes him better than Unger and Mack at the Center position, and he says he is even more suited for playing against a 3-4 front. Mayock is one of the only analysts that I listen to. Anyone know about this guy?

Watching his video clips i was impressed. But, watching him at senior bowl practices, he was just absolutly manhandled. Not sure im totaly sold on him. I seem to be leaning towards Caldwell from alabama. he looked good this week.