Better find a VERY good backup QB asap !!

Chuckknox

I think the "budget" for the backup QB just went up. It will be way too risky to go in 2009 without some solid QB's on the team.

Maybe a good QB will fall to us during the draft, or maybe we move up if someone looks worth the gamble. Look at all of the lucky QB picks recently by teams last year.

I KNOW CHRISS SIMMS WAS INJURED BUT REMEMBER WHAT HE WAS PLAYING LIKE A FEW YEARS BACK. I WOULD LOVE TO GIVE HIM A SHOT

I don't have a list of who's available but let's consider Trent has not had a veteran to mentor him. I think it would help his game significantly even in year three. The past 2 years all he has had to listen to is JP and that itself drops your QB rating by 15 points. :unsure:

:blink:

Blaming JP for Trent sucking. Finally, a new twist.

:worthy:

i wonder what the next excuse is going to be?

I think Garcia would be a great choice, but unfortunately I think his price will be way too high......I would rather spend the money addressing some of our other needs. I would like them to target Ryan Fitzpatrick........he certainly can move around and make plays with his feet.

Well, since I am stuck here in cincy, watching the train wreck since 1990, I can give comment on Fiztpatrick:

Adequate arm. Decent accuracy...seldom launches a low toss. Has overthrown on long streak routes.

Quick on the uptake. If nothing's there and he sees a run path, he takes off. And does it well - goes for extra rush yards if he thinks he's not going to get killed. He strives for the 1st down.

He's really little more than a rookie, so a canny defense can zap him.

I haven't seen much play fake ability.

He's not an inherent fumbler - his drops are under duress.

No hesitancy about going long. Tends to look left on long shots, right on short passes. TJ Housh's nose for getting into the play helps him.

No leadership problems. Whatever skill deficiencies he has, he commands the offense. It's my belief that on occasion, he ignores plays sent in by the B'gals idiot OC Bob Bratkowski.

Overall - I rate him a work in progress, with potential.