Please Draft Laurinaitis

CJPearl2

It will be interesting to see what the new coach in New York will do in regard to their defensive scheme. They actually could run either the 4-3 or the 3-4 w/ their personnel.

What's being said the jets have their coaching candidates tiered in 1st tier and 2nd tier

Their 1st tier guys are Spags, Russ Grimm, and Rex Ryan. Their 2nd tier choices are Brian Schottenheimer,Ron Meeks, Bill Callahan, Billick, and Jagodzinski.

I think Ryan would be a great fit for them. He uses a lot of different personell looks with the Ravens defense, and on a smaller scale version could do that with the jets. With Gholston playing the Suggs role, of hands down end, and occasional drop back linebacker. Same goes with a player like Bryan Thomas. If Ryan ends up there I expect that personell plays into what he generally likes to do as a defensive coordinator. They could afford to keep a lot of their current players intact, and get use out of the majority of them. With a guy like Steve Spagnuolo, I think that's a whole new personell overturn, trying to find players who fit that Jim Johnson style attacking 4-6 hybrid d. Should be interesting

Maleuga if just another LB who exells in run stuffing, and is average in pass coverage (although still better than our guys most likely). We need a guy who can cover in my opinion.

I kind of agree. Maualuga is a great prospect at mlb. He's an attacking style lb, who gets after the ball carrier. At the nfl level he probably wont be as effective in coverage. However he would be a big upgrade to our lb core. He's a better nfl prospect then POZ. We missed out on the best of the USC Lb's when The Bengals took Keith Rivers last year. I'm not of the common held belief that poz can play olb. Personally I think he's too slow to the ball, with limited range. I'd keep him at mlb, cause while not a playmaker we could do worse. I'd like Clint Sintim out of Virgina to fill that rush backer role we desperately need.

we are looking for an OLB(s)..mauluga is an ILB...we already have the overrated "poz" we are not going to get mauluga...we will prob trade in the first round for the 3rd best player on the 6-6 football team ohh wait we already did that with mccargo....