I hate to say it, but ...

I hate to say it, but ... I have a lot of admiration for the Dolphins and what they have accomplished. Don't get me wrong, I still can't stand the sight of teal and orange, but their new coaches instilled toughness and (in many cases) the belief to play beyond their abilities and succeed. From 1-15 to a division championship in one season ... that doesn't happen without a sharp eye for talent and a front office and coaching staff all on the same page. From Parcells to Ireland to Sparano, they seem to have one united direction and it came from the top. I hate it, but I admire it.

As for our local boys, it was sickening to hear the player interviews after today's loss. I understand loyalty to a coaching staff, but will some player at least stand up and vocalize what is truly apparent? The coaches simply aren't good enough. Too many times this season, at critical points, they made embarrasing mistakes (Cleveland, NY Jets, Pats, etc.). Not having players that are good enough to compete with top teams is one thing, but not putting players in situation where they can be successful is a cardinal sin. I am not sure if this team has enough talent to win consistently or not, but I KNOW they don't have the coaching staff capable of coaching them up!

Lastly, the above point is mute. Even if the Bills fire Jauron, what is the likelihood that they will pay for a qualified coach (and I don't mean Jim Fassel or Brian Billick)? They won't even spring for a hot prospect like the Pats Josh McDaniels. Buffalo will get a safe retread that will have us in the same spot in three years again. The one and only time that I remeber Ralph going outside of his comfort zone was in hiring Chuck Knox and he was rewarded with some very good seasons. He had to give up some control, but anyone worth a damn will require that type of commitment. I hate to say it, but unless Raplh passes on and the winds of change smile on Buffalo with a white knight riding in to keep the franchise here, the chances of fielding a winner are remote. A new owner with deep pockets and a desire to change the team's fortunes is the best shot we have. Until then, I am afraid we have no shot at all.

Well, that was cathartic ... I feel better. Thanks for reading if you made it this far. Feel free to pick me apart.

Here's looking forward to free agency and the draft!

Parcells is a freakin' genius, and anyone not willing to admit as much doesn't know a thing about football. I'd give up everything I know about the game just to take 30 minutes with Parcells for him to fill my brain back up.

He's won everywhere he's gone, and only with Dallas (with the most meddlesome owner he ever had) did he not wildly exceed the lowered bar set by his predecessors.

Parcells is a freakin' genius, and anyone not willing to admit as much doesn't know a thing about football. I'd give up everything I know about the game just to take 30 minutes with Parcells for him to fill my brain back up.

He's won everywhere he's gone, and only with Dallas (with the most meddlesome owner he ever had) did he not wildly exceed the lowered bar set by his predecessors.

Even the job he did in Dallas is underrated becuase their fans have a ridiculous Yankee-like mentality that they're entitled to win it all every year. Everyone forgets they were a garbage team with a backfield of Quincy Carter & Troy Hambrick coming off three straight 5-11 seasons when he got there.