Firefox problem

Vark

Has anyone had any issues updating to version 3.05? It promted me to download the update. When it trys to install, the install fails and then just ends up in a loop: fails,close any other instances of Firefox and try again,OK...

Has anyone had any issues updating to version 3.05? It promted me to download the update. When it trys to install, the install fails and then just ends up in a loop: fails,close any other instances of Firefox and try again,OK...

Could be a couple possibilities. What are the permissions setup like on the FF folder? If you don't have write access under that account, it'll fail. Also, a corrupt profile might be a culprit. Try creating a new one and see if that works.

Could be a couple possibilities. What are the permissions setup like on the FF folder? If you don't have write access under that account, it'll fail. Also, a corrupt profile might be a culprit. Try creating a new one and see if that works.

Thanks for the reply. I looked at the Mozilla support forums and saw a number of people were having the same problem. I just went and downloaded the complete new version and the install went fine. There must just be an issue with version upgrade.

Thanks for the reply. I looked at the Mozilla support forums and saw a number of people were having the same problem. I just went and downloaded the complete new version and the install went fine. There must just be an issue with version upgrade.

I downloaded it today and didn't have a problem. You might have downloaded it at a bad time.

Did you download it from the Firefox site?