(ot) Red Sox Nation Ceases to Exist

...because they've all died and gone to baseball heaven.

Congratulations, Red Sox, for ending 86 years of heartbreak and frustration. What a monster trio of pitching performances by Schilling, Pedro & Lowe (the latter the first in MLB history to win the clinching game in the same year in the LDS, LCS & WS). Eight postseason wins in a row...after down 0-3 in the ALCS trailing by a run in the 9th with Rivera on the mound and three outs from extinction. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

They simply obliterated and demoralized a Cardinals team that seemed indomitable at times this season. Just totally shut down those bats after Game 1. Starters & bullpen alike.

If only us Bills fans could JUST ONCE have the feeling Red Sox fans are having right now all over New England. JUST ONCE. JUST ONE SUPER BOWL WIN BY THE BILLS BEFORE I LEAVE THIS PLANET IS ALL I ASK.

Now that The Curse of the Bambino has been broken forever, that's one down and two to go. Next: The Bills' Curse of Wide Right, and the Cubs' Curse of the Goat.

Obviously, there will be no parade in Buffalo anytime soon. But we can all dare to dream, can't we? Somebody up there owes us something for all the pain and frustration we've endured through 40-some years of Bills football and 25-plus years of Swordsmen hockey.

JUST ONCE.

As a die hard Sox and Patriots fan, I too wish someday that Bills fans experience what we here in New England are experiencing this year.      That day will come and it will be sweet, trust me.

89010[/snapback]

Hey born and raised in Buffalo..raised a Red Sox fan...so its not only in NE that Red Sox Nation is celebrating

Maybe the Cubs have to get theirs first.

Oh, and then maybe Minnesota...

Then, perhaps, we'll have our day. The lot of losers currently on this Bills team, though, don't give me much hope for the foreseeable future.

They did it in style also! All those years of poor playoff performances ended!!! Bunch of hard working & talented players! Comeback from 3-0 to a sweep in the WS, never has been done! Hats off to the SOX.

2004 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

89064[/snapback]