The Bills are a reflection of their bumbling owner

This is no news flash. It's just sad that his decisions have been so short term in vision. Purely short term financial decisions, no long term vision: the cheapest coaches (Kay Stephenson just crossed my mind), limited commitment to free agency and no regard for a quality GM since Bill Polian (who by the way was not a result of Mr. Wilson's good judgement, but rather an accident).

What's interesting is Ralph Wilson has a long history with professional football. He could have had one of the most profound owner legacies in the NFL, had there been a vision over the decades. But the knee jerk decisions and low budget approach earned him just what he should have received.

So now what?

Refresh the coaching staff? That's what everyone wants. Can't blame them, especially with the play call that took the Bills win away today in the Meadowlands.

But who will replace him? Tearing apart the Bills and putting them back together again will accomplish what? A 3 years process MIGHT result in a playoff team? What does that do to Trent Edwards? Or do we restart with the QB position as well and make this a 5 year run to the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy with Jauron either. However, I don't want to gut the team and take 3 to 5 years just to have a shot a going 9-7. I'm of the belief that Trent can be developed. Take a look at Peyton Manning's first year stats or many of the early careers of successful quarterbacks (including his brother). Trent has shown us enough to be worthy of the time and attention required for development.

A realistic answer here might be to promote Bobby April. He coaches with passion. His players play for him. And it's possible he could be lured away if the Bills do not promote him. He's already the Assistant Head Coach. It's possible that he could preserve the good elements and small momentum in key areas and still change and improve the direction of team.

what i don't understand about ralph is he wants to selll the team to the highest bidder when he dies. is a couple of milion here and there gonna break wilson. he'll be dead what does he need the money for ? are his daughters starving in the streets that they have no money? realy ralph just sell the team to jim kelly and get a winning attitude into the orginization.ralph will keep people he can control in charge of the team. with a head coach that won't rock the boat.