The "R" word

Link

Unlike the “N” word, which is so politically incorrect that one can’t even spell it out without invoking imprecations of racism, the word “racist” is commonly used by those who see themselves as infallibly politically correct.......

I know how it feels to be branded with the scarlet “R” for daring to speak about race without genuflecting before the altar of political correctness. But I’m not intimidated by magic words. However, I know many people who are hesitant to express legitimate opinions about subjects such as affirmative action or welfare because they don’t want to be put in the position of having to defend themselves against the inevitable intimations of racism. How are we ever going to “heal the racial divide” if we can’t talk openly and honestly about any issues that happen to touch on race? Liberals like to spout “Speak truth to power,” but they won’t abide people who speak truth to political......

The article is too well written for an adequate response. What makes a racist? What makes a racist bad? Who doesn't discriminate to some degree on all matters when dealing with others? Conservatives discriminate against liberals, and vice versa. White families don't drive and play in parks in black neighborhoods.

What makes this wrong to discuss or bring up social truths is beyond me. People don't want to believe they discriminate, only those who they discriminate against. The question is whether or not that discrimination is justified which makes for a rational discussion, not going to happen on PPP.