What Happened to Turk?

VJ91

When the losing streak started Turk was getting criticized for being too creative. Now he is not creative enough. The problem on offense has been QB play - plain and simple. TE was on fire early in the season - executing crisply, with confidence, and the team had confidence in him. Then the turnover festival started with him. TE no longer plays with confidence or executes crisply. That, combined with the need to play JP who has never shown the ability to make good decisions or execute consistently, and you get bland offensive game plans and simple approaches, the hope being "at least lets limit the turnovers". Not saying I like it, but you need a QB performing well to score points in this league consistently.

If TE plays better, this offense will look very different - certainly good enough to have won the last two games and the Cleveland game as well. He and JP, however, have combined to suck the life out of any offensive game plan.

Very good point. TE has gone from really good to god awful. I think it was that shot he took in AZ. He hasn't been the same since.

Turk "Shotgun" Schonert is a moron of biblical proportions. He had Marshawn Lynch with 134 rushing yards against the 49ers and used him ONCE in the 4th QTR.

The guy thinks he has Drew Brees as his QB and keeps calling passing plays from the shotgun, not realizing he has a back up QB that has had very little playing experience this year.

My only hope is that the owner wakes up and fires this fool and the head coach who hired him.