Our next head coach should be...

tubotm68

Remember Dick Lebeau was our defensive coordinator 5 or 6 years ago, and he bailed to go back to Pittsburgh. I Always wondered why he quit on this team after only 1 season.

He didn't quit on this team. We were grooming Jerry Gray at the time and we chose him over Lebeau (I'm sure cost of salary had something to do with that) during the Greg Williams era.

I say the best possible candidates at this point are:

1) Bobby April - Fire DJ right now and promote this guy to see if he can handle the job for the rest of the season. Can't do much worse than Dick.

2) Marty Schottenheimer - His team always gets to the playoffs. Not many playoff wins but I don't care at this point, get me to the f'n playoffs and I will be ecstatic.

3) Steve Spagnuolo - Dominant, stellar defense. Is it the players or the scheme? Looks like a leader, fresh off a super bowl win and currently at 11-1.

4) And in a perfect world we'd land Bill Cowher. He's the best possible coach we could land that is proven and has won many, many games. But that's not happening. Not in this lifetime.

Stop with the Cowher talk,it has been reported he has been house shopping in Cleveland for months.He will be the next browns head coach and GM after this season ends. Savage and Crenell are both history.

Besides Ralph Wilson would never pay the 10 Mill Cowher will get...

Read my post. I said Cowher isn't the only proven NFL head coach out there.

Our next head coach should be one who uses the 3-4 defense. It's obvious DJ just doesn't get it when it comes to playing against teams who use the 3-4 defense. Dick Jauron's 6 losses came against those teams, 3 of which play in our division. Based on that alone DJ has to go. Bill Cowher, Marty Shottenheimer, Steve Spagnolo, Dick Lebeau, and Rex Ryan are a list of 3-4 coaches to choose from. I would love too see RW pay the big bucks and hire Bill Cowher but that's a pipe dream. Realistically i would choose Spagnolo because his system is the key to success, not the players. The Giants defense lost Osi Uminyora, Strahan, Mitchell, and Gibril Wilson this season and is still a dominant D, that tells me he can work with less and that bodes well for cash strapped teams like the Bills. Spagnolo can bring ''Giants football'' to the Bills, which is a system of smash mouth football. Opposing teams fear to play the Giants, Steelers, and Ravens because of their reputation of playing attacking- physical football. Historically what do teams like the Giants, Steelers, and Ravens all have in common? Winning. The Bills need that type of identity but it starts and ends with ownership.

Our next head coach should be one who uses the 3-4 defense. It's obvious DJ just doesn't get it when it comes to playing against teams who use the 3-4 defense. Dick Jauron's 6 losses came against those teams, 3 of which play in our division. Based on that alone DJ has to go. Bill Cowher, Marty Shottenheimer, Steve Spagnolo, Dick Lebeau, and Rex Ryan are a list of 3-4 coaches to choose from. I would love too see RW pay the big bucks and hire Bill Cowher but that's a pipe dream. Realistically i would choose Spagnolo because his system is the key to success, not the players. The Giants defense lost Osi Uminyora, Strahan, Mitchell, and Gibril Wilson this season and is still a dominant D, that tells me he can work with less and that bodes well for cash strapped teams like the Bills. Spagnolo can bring ''Giants football'' to the Bills, which is a system of smash mouth football. Opposing teams fear to play the Giants, Steelers, and Ravens because of their reputation of playing attacking- physical football. Historically what do teams like the Giants, Steelers, and Ravens all have in common? Winning. The Bills need that type of identity but it starts and ends with ownership.

I think the Bills need a flexible coach that can take what isn't rotten on the current roster and build something out of it. Blowing the whole thing up and starting from scratch has been tried several times with no improvement whatsoever. There are glaringly obvious, real problems that need to be addressed without first creating a whole new set of problems for shins and grits.