Monday Night syndrome?

thewildrabbit

The reality of the Bills current situation.

I have a sort of theory about teams that play in the national spotlight,either on Monday night or Sunday night. If they are a half way decent team and not completely inept,like the Chiefs or Lions are this year. Any team that loses and are embarrassed for what ever reason tend to come out the following game and play with a seething vengeance.

The Bills played hard on Monday night and should have won that game,instead they lose and go into KC looking to avenge another "Wide Right" loss. Trent Edwards had a particularly horrid Monday night showing ...almost nightmarish performance with 3 interceptions in the first four possessions

The Bills needed 2 QB TD runs and 5 turnovers to beat the hapless Chiefs.Meanwhile the Bills defense allowed 460 yards,8.4 yds per pass and 12.2 per avg rush...kinda scary huh. Big name 3rd string QB Tyler Thigpen had a 3 TD and 240 yd game.The Chiefs actually out gained the Bills 462 to 444...

Bottom line is the Bills won and Edwards redeemed himself from that Mon night game. The bills showed us they do know how to run the ball and use play action passing brilliantly. This week they managed to get Lee Evens involved and it paid big dividends for 110 yards. Marshawn had 20 touches and responded with 79 yds and a TD and took a ton of pressure away from the passing game.Special Teams was a big factor also with some really nice returns and good field position.

The reality...can we expect 5 turnovers every game and can we expect the QB to run for two TDs every game? In a word ..NO!

All we as Bills fans can hope for is that the coaches use the same game plan against future opponents and continue to work on improving the running game. I'm not even thinking of the Bills playoff chances, I'm just hoping they can play well this week and beat the 49ers.

Hey! they actually came out of the running "slump" this week. :)