theory / question on TE's suckiness last night

ChicagoDan

I agree with those who say that Edward's performance did not seem concussion related. I started thinking what else was different last night which could have resulted in so completely losing one's timing. One thing does come to mind--night game with stadium lights.

I am not a football player, but play tennis from time to time (flame away) which also requires lots of precise timing. I usually play outside during the day. However, on the few occasions I have played at night or indoors, I always feel my timing utterly screwed up. The shadow of the ball, etc, is total different and I really feel out of my element. I've talked to other people, some do not seem affected but others do.

Anyone recall how much night game (or closed dome) experience TE has in pros or college? He may be one of those people that gets REALLY affected by this sort of thing--cause last night it really looked like he had not played football before. Anyone else experience this sort of thing personally?

Just a thought....

I agree with those who say that Edward's performance did not seem concussion related. I started thinking what else was different last night which could have resulted in so completely losing one's timing. One thing does come to mind--night game with stadium lights.

I am not a football player, but play tennis from time to time (flame away) which also requires lots of precise timing. I usually play outside during the day. However, on the few occasions I have played at night or indoors, I always feel my timing utterly screwed up. The shadow of the ball, etc, is total different and I really feel out of my element. I've talked to other people, some do not seem affected but others do.

Anyone recall how much night game (or closed dome) experience TE has in pros or college? He may be one of those people that gets REALLY affected by this sort of thing--cause last night it really looked like he had not played football before. Anyone else experience this sort of thing personally?

Just a thought....

Oh come on. :thumbsup:

The first thing I noticed was the Browns coming out of the locker in ALL WHITE!

I'm looking and saying to myself, "why would you give a team an advantage like that in a night game?"

Much like Miami makes the visitor wear dark home uniforms in the heat and humidity, when you wear all white you can blend in with the white background of the lights. On offense, Quinn has the benefit of knowing where his receiver is supposed to be....but when the Bills are on offense, the QB doesn't know where the defenders will be, and it is possible to lose a guy in the lights or hesitate a split second before a throw. I am not saying that is what happened, but that was the first thing that came to mind from my seats.

The lights could have played a role for sure. I think it was more that Edwards doesn't trust his stellar group of Hardy/Royal/Schouman/Fine/Parrish/Johnson......and is reacting in his throws instead of delivering them with authority.

When Josh Reed gets back.....bet the Bills first time out. Unless our entire secondary is hurt!