Indecisive Coaching = Indecisive QB

It's obvious Trent Edwards played terrible in the first quarter. What was most promosing was the Bills use of the running backs in the passing game, and I attribute that to Trent Edwards. I am a JP Losman guy, but I liked the way TE hung in there and gave what the Browns gave him. We finally ran the ball with authority and our short passing game was an extension of it.

Lindell, Edwards, and Fred Jackson should not be hung out to dry for this loss.

Who to blame........?

The coaches - period. Last week I blamed Edwards and called for Losman to start. I don't think Losman keeps us in the game tonight, with Cleveland taking away Lee Evans who is our only legit receiver. Yes JP would have hit more deep passes, but we would have incurred more 3 and outs as he rarely looks to check down and is inaccurate at best in the short game.

The coaches i.e. Turk Schonert & Dick Jauron know that our opponents are going to double team Lee Evans. Going with that logic than the underneath passes to Jackson & Lynch will be open. I applaud Edwards for not pressing and throwing a 4th pick. The windows were tight, no doubt, Edwards needs to let the ball rip. As Jaworski pointed out "Edwards needs to throw into space and not wait for the receiver to get open." Edwards can improve in this area.

Let's blame this game on Schonert & Jauron for not calling on more runs & short passes to begin with. What we got early tonight was an offense as that does not have legitimate second option at the receiver position and is in denial because they play as if they have one. Hardy is a WIP & Roscoe is no more than a punt returner. Johnson a 7th round rookie is more dangerous and that's scary. Josh Reed is surely missed.

But this game comes down to the coaching & it's a sad day when Romeo Crennel outcoaches you. Is it a shock that coaches as indecisive as Juaron have a QB as indecisive as Edwards.