Steve Johnson

I think he was great at camp. Of course, like all our All Fisher standouts - the coaches took a long time to come around (Greer, Jackson, etc.)

I also think the Lynch off season incident had something to do with it. He was supposedly the other guy in the SUV and was the one that squawked forcing Lynch to own up. So I think there was some sour grapes from the rest of the team and the coaches.

Regardless, the draft scouting sites liked this pick a lot. Here's why.

C

Yes it would have. Still a rookie WR (taken in the 7th round) getting 3 receptions for 41 yards when the QB was absolutely terrified to throw down-field is nothing to sneeze at.

I completely agree. Johnson's performance was very encouraging, even with the drop. I can't agree with writing off a drive-killing drop as a "no-gainer" however.

I completely agree. Johnson's performance was very encouraging, even with the drop. I can't agree with writing off a drive-killing drop as a "no-gainer" however.

I recall 1 catch...over the middle, pretty much uncontested. Were the other two the same, or in traffic, fighting a defender?

Did Johnson have that great of a game yesterday that there's talk of him being a steal in the draft? If so, I didn't see it. He only had a couple of catches and one drop that was right in the numbers. I wouldn't call that a spectacular game that he should be anointed a steal yet.

I recall 1 catch...over the middle, pretty much uncontested. Were the other two the same, or in traffic, fighting a defender?

I can't really remember the ones that he caught as well as the drop. The drop stuck in my mind as nothing up to that point was working and, for once, Trent throws a perfect pass for a 1st down and it's dropped.