Official Review with Mike Perrera

As interesting as this segment is, I have decided that I'm turned off by Perrera's arrogance. The final straw was last week's edition, when he was talking about Leon Washington's play on the kick return against us.

He took delight in the fact that Leon Washington was familiar with the loop-hole in the rule. Is that really appropriate? I mean, I don't see why he should take such pleasure in a bad rule being put into effect.

And considering how many bad calls happen every week, I rarely ever see him act responsible (on his crew's behalf) for the really bad ones.

the NFL is full of these stupid, nonsensical rules. the rulebook is hudnreds of pages i think. a lot of the rules violate the spirit of the game and mike perreira is a mere apologist for the league's ineptitude-the guy ends any controversial play with "well, we may look into that next year...it's something we may look into further, we'll have to see..."

As interesting as this segment is, I have decided that I'm turned off by Perrera's arrogance. The final straw was last week's edition, when he was talking about Leon Washington's play on the kick return against us.

He took delight in the fact that Leon Washington was familiar with the loop-hole in the rule. Is that really appropriate? I mean, I don't see why he should take such pleasure in a bad rule being put into effect.

And considering how many bad calls happen every week, I rarely ever see him act responsible (on his crew's behalf) for the really bad ones.

I agree with your statement about Perrera's arrogance. But I have to say, I was at that game and at the time I was furious. After watching the replay a couple of days later all I could think was,"what a great play!" Stupid rule, but if it was one of our returners we would be singing their praises.

I agree with your statement about Perrera's arrogance. But I have to say, I was at that game and at the time I was furious. After watching the replay a couple of days later all I could think was,"what a great play!" Stupid rule, but if it was one of our returners we would be singing their praises.

Oh, I totally agree with that. If McKelvin made a heads up play like that, I'd be pumped. My problem was simply with Perrera's attitude towards it. I mean, that was a dumb dumb rule. And he takes pleasure in someone taking advantage of that? That would be like him commending a QB for taking a dive to draw a late hit penalty. I think he probably should have said, "This is one of those tough calls where we have to be consistent throughout, and it just happened to really work out for the Jets."

If anyone wants to see the clip, just go to NFL.com, highlight videos and select "NFL Network," and then look for it at the bottom (you may have to scroll through some pages now).

I was actually really really impressed with that play by washington it showed profound situational awareness which is what it takes to win championships (Something the hoody has relentlessly drilled into our players)

Kinda scares me that Mangina is actually coaching his players well since we Pats fans hate the NY Rats more than any team.

Heres to another AFCE championship, keep your chin up buffalo