Is 5-3 / tied for 1st better than what you expected ??

SKOOBY

I think that it is hard to compare the Bills to the Giants of last year. The Giants had a great running game / offensive line and an even better pass rush. The Buffalo Bills of 2008 have neither.

I think it is fair to consider the Bills a middle of the pack team, with the record a product of a favorable schedule. I do not think that the Bills will make the playoffs, but if they do, they will probably get bounced in the first round.

1. Very poor running game

2. Very weak pass rush

3. Very little depth at O-Line, LB, and DB

If we had a juggernaut offense like the Patriots did last year, we might be able to overcome those areas of weakness, but we do not. I hate to come off as negative, but just trying to be realistic.

All valid points but at the beginning of the year our O-line was doing great and we were scoring points, so I think we can get back to that level.

All valid points but at the beginning of the year our O-line was doing great and we were scoring points, so I think we can get back to that level.

I think that we all hope so, but here are the respective 'Total Defense' rankings of the teams that we beat.

JAC 23rd

SD 26th

SEA 27th

OAK 28th

STL 30th

I think that we all hope so, but here are the respective 'Total Defense' rankings of the teams that we beat.

JAC 23rd

SD 26th

SEA 27th

OAK 28th

STL 30th

Well, NE lost to SD and nearly lost to St. Louis so that goes to show you that they have other issues we have overcome. Every team has off days as well as players, it's how you overcome them that makes you the team you are.