OT - disk defragmenter

pm73

My suggestion, one you don't want to hear is to use the defragger that comes with Windows. It's safe and fast. Defragging new high RPM drives are the most overrated thing you can do. This is not my opinion, but based on several studies by independent testing labs. Do a Google search if you don't believe me.

anyone know of a good free disk defragmenter?  i used to use O&O but they charge for that now.  i don't like the one packaged with windows.

83824[/snapback]

Disk keeper is a good one, but its only a 30 day trial. If you are using XP I would just use that one. It was made by diskeeper and bougjt by MS like most of thier best software. Defragging is important before installing large programs/

Disk keeper is a good one, but its only a 30 day trial.  If you are using XP I would just use that one.  It was made by diskeeper and bougjt by MS like most of thier best software.  Defragging is important before installing large programs/

83872[/snapback]

if you are using windows me or windows 98 you will notice how much faster diskeeper is

diskeeper