Mckelvin or McGee for KO Return??

Lynch4mvp

Hey guys.... Buffalo Bills fan all of my life from Chicago. I havent got to see any preseason games but am really looking forward to Sunday Night vs the Colts even though Trent is out... I just have a quick question that I have been wondering. Is Mckelvin going to be our Kickoff Returner or will it be Mcgee? I am assuming Parrish will continue to do Punt Returns? If anyone could fill me in I would really appreciate it... Our return game is going to be lethal this year

Jauron addressed this partially in the past week by saying "they would all get time" and "players get dinged giving someone else an opportunity" (not exact quotes, I am paraphrasing).

The way I read these comments is that the first kickoff we field in the Seattle game will be McGee and the first punt we field will be Parrish. Then, as each game goes on, there will either be minor injuries (hopeully not) or someone like McGee will have just got off the field of a long defensive series (for example) and it sounded like Jauron would not hesitate to put in a fresh McKelvin in those cases.

If McKelvin makes the most of these chances early in the season, I have no doubt he can take over on a more full time basis as the season progresses, but it depends what he does with the opportunities.

I'm sure Bobby April also has a package with both McGee and McKelvin back there at the same time (I think we saw it early in the first preseason game) but I don't expect them to pull that out but once in a while and for special circumstances.

This is all my opinion anyway, based on Jauron's comments.

Hey guys.... Buffalo Bills fan all of my life from Chicago. I havent got to see any preseason games but am really looking forward to Sunday Night vs the Colts even though Trent is out... I just have a quick question that I have been wondering. Is Mckelvin going to be our Kickoff Returner or will it be Mcgee? I am assuming Parrish will continue to do Punt Returns? If anyone could fill me in I would really appreciate it... Our return game is going to be lethal this year

again, why does it have to be one or the other.....the Bills usually use two returners on kickoffs so they will most likely have them both back there

Jauron addressed this partially in the past week by saying "they would all get time" and "players get dinged giving someone else an opportunity" (not exact quotes, I am paraphrasing).

The way I read these comments is that the first kickoff we field in the Seattle game will be McGee and the first punt we field will be Parrish. Then, as each game goes on, there will either be minor injuries (hopeully not) or someone like McGee will have just got off the field of a long defensive series (for example) and it sounded like Jauron would not hesitate to put in a fresh McKelvin in those cases.

If McKelvin makes the most of these chances early in the season, I have no doubt he can take over on a more full time basis as the season progresses, but it depends what he does with the opportunities.

I'm sure Bobby April also has a package with both McGee and McKelvin back there at the same time (I think we saw it early in the first preseason game) but I don't expect them to pull that out but once in a while and for special circumstances.

This is all my opinion anyway, based on Jauron's comments.

Welcome to the board.

This post is probably the best answer.

what possible reason is there to not have McGee and McKelvin back there all the time? why would it have to be for special circumstances? that makes absolutely no sense

what possible reason is there to not have McGee and McKelvin back there all the time? why would it have to be for special circumstances? that makes absolutely no sense

Since Bobby April has been here, the Bills have used one returner and one 'blocker' on the majority of kickreturns.

That's why McGee returned 45 kicks while Parrish only returned 6 last year.

Since Bobby April has been here, the Bills have used one returner and one 'blocker' on the majority of kickreturns.

That's why McGee returned 45 kicks while Parrish only returned 6 last year.

Agreed - using two returners means one less blocker. Sure, the second guy can get up there and block, but neither of those two is exactly Darian Barnes. It has it's moments, but there's no way April uses that as the standard package on returns.

Agreed - using two returners means one less blocker. Sure, the second guy can get up there and block, but neither of those two is exactly Darian Barnes. It has it's moments, but there's no way April uses that as the standard package on returns.

Exactly.... I dont know both are good returners but I would like Mcgee to concentrate 100% to defense and let Mckelvin do his thing

True. Remember when they used London Fletcher as the up-back? Bad news for anyone trying to draw a bead on McGee. Think that may have been the year 24 made the Pro Bowl ...