Best Attributes from Rookies

Been studying some film, and watched mostly Hardy in college, (saw Reggie play a game, had a monster on at that), and saw video from other guys, what strong points do you think they'll have in the NFL?

James Hardy: Tall, can jump, freak athlete (when watching him play basketball), and gets inside, something that no one since Eric Moulds has been able to do for the Bills in quite some time. He also gets open when the QB is in trouble, something thats a major plus for a second year QB.

Leodis McKelvin: Saw little of him in college, but from what I saw in film, he's an anti-ballhawk, a phenomenal returner, and has great vision. He only seems to have straight line speed, though, and doesn't seem too agile in coverage. Should get better with practice though. Will be great in coverage.

Reggie Corner: From what I've seen? Ballhawk, great nickel/dime guy, no way a starter, but will most certainly pick some balls off.

Chris Ellis: From what I've seen, an amazing, pure pass rusher. Very worried about his 1st and 2nd down coverage of the run, but he can run, he can get to the QB, but I worry about his ethic in the NFL. Wouldn't mind a Schobel/Ellis or Schobel/Denney line as opposed to what we have now, but I need to see more of the kid.

Derek Fine: I have nothing on this guy. Heard he's a Derek Schouman-type TE, a bit more size but a little less hands. Hoping to see what others have seen out of him.

Steve Johnson: Who I hope to see succeed on this team the most, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing a 4 WR set consisting of Lee, James, Roscoe, and Steve. He's got the athleticism, size, speed, and hands to blossom in to something very special, not a Marques Colsten, but a threat nonetheless. One year wonder, but we'll see.

Kennard Cox: Live in Pitt, saw little of the guy, and not too excited about his chances...

Demetrius Bell: I know he's a freak athlete, know he's going to develop, so nothing I have on him now.

Alvin Bowen: Keith Ellison +. Great tackler, unbelievable speed, and a playmaker. Won't hit the guys strong upfield, but will chase down guys like a safety. Can't wait to see him on ST.

Xavier Omon: Best DII kid I've seen in a long, long time. Could become a penniless-man's Jerome Bettis in short yardage, that is, if he doesn't follow in his predesescors shoes (Dwayne). I find a Marshawn/Action backfield with XO punching it in a great group. Seems like Maurice Morris/Julius Jones with TJ Duckett, except Marshawn isn't a sissy and Freddy can get more than 3.4 YPC as a backup :-P.

More interested in what others think of the rooks though. Hindsight is 20/20, but let's see what the ESP eyesight of our posters is.