OTA Status Report

ax4782

Now that OTAs are over, it seems that the team is starting to get things together. From the reports I read, it seemed like the D was playing up to their potential, but more than that, the offense seemed to be doing better during the last week. After reading John Clayton's article on ESPN yesterday, I found some faith in Schonert. I sounds like he is really instituting the types of changes that we are looking for, with a lot of motion, passing down the field, using ML in the passing game and getting Parrish more touches. Schonert explained that he was implementing a "thinking man's offense" that would keep players in motion, allow for changes at the line and most importantly, would average about 8 yrds per pass play, something in total that looks like what the Bengals ran under Sam Wyche in the late 80s when the team went to the playoffs several straight years and made it to the Super Bowl. That offense was confusing to opposing Ds and had a good balanced attack. Buffalo could really improve if this scheme works, and not only that, they would be fun to watch. Here's to hoping the OTAs are sign of things to come.