Best Places to Petition??

Brand J

Anyone in Bills land have any experience with getting individuals to sign petitions? The one I'm involved with is asking to decrease the politicians salary in Lansing, MI by 25% and also drop their health care and benefits down to a level that is more consistent with the average MI resident. I have found that the Secretary of State Office can't order you to leave, so that is where I make my post on most days. Does anyone else have any great suggestions for locations to petition? I tried outside of the United States Post Office, but they claimed that the property was private and not public (I believe they're lying, I just dont know where to go to find the law). Are college universities fair game? Any help would be appreciated...

Anywhere people gather. Churches are a good place, if you have legitimate point of contact, like a member who is willing to ask other members to sign. Generally this needs to be done informally by a layperson, so it is not viewed as the church taking an official position. Generally it is good form to inform the pastor or elders of what you are doing. Do you know a member of the Moose, Eagles, etc? Many times shopping malls will allow petitioners. The best method in my opinion if you are truly passionate about the issue is to canvas neighborhoods asking for signatures.

Anyone in Bills land have any experience with getting individuals to sign petitions? The one I'm involved with is asking to decrease the politicians salary in Lansing, MI by 25% and also drop their health care and benefits down to a level that is more consistent with the average MI resident. I have found that the Secretary of State Office can't order you to leave, so that is where I make my post on most days. Does anyone else have any great suggestions for locations to petition? I tried outside of the United States Post Office, but they claimed that the property was private and not public (I believe they're lying, I just dont know where to go to find the law). Are college universities fair game? Any help would be appreciated...

College campuses are definelty a good idea if not fair game. Go to the dining hall at meal time. Worst thing that happens is they ask you to leave.