What's Your Opinion On The Texas FLDS?

Because your questions are stupid. The UPS driver dropped a box he was delivering to the site. A fake grenade rolled out of the torn box. The driver thought it was real and reported it. The Davidians made most of their money legally selling firearms at gunshows. Thay had a licence to do that. Fake paperweights grenades were one of the items. So what could they have done? Nothing. That's what. Not jump to conclusions? Or arrest David Koresh quietly during one of his many outings. Or not show up in full battle gear at Denny's on the way to the compound. What idiots. They could have done a hundred things different. There's the answer to one your loaded questions. Now that said, there apparently were some real live grenades in the compound. At least that is what the government later told us. I still don't want to talk about Waco. I brought up Waco, not just because of some similarities, but because some of the same people are involved.

It's obvious you have some pre-existing opinions about the FLDS. Now, I'm no fan of the FLDS. But I believe some of their rights were violated. I believe Texas acted hastilly, and without proper cause. Three Texas judges agree with me.

If the police had ignored that and then there was a grenade attack by the Davidians there would have been media hell to pay. I have no problem with them going to check things out after something like that happens. When they discovered the other armaments they had every right to do what they initially did. I'll ask again, even though you don't like tough questions, how should they have ended it?

If the police had ignored that and then there was a grenade attack by the Davidians there would have been media hell to pay. I have no problem with them going to check things out after something like that happens. When they discovered the other armaments they had every right to do what they initially did. I'll ask again, even though you don't like tough questions, how should they have ended it?

Now the question is how should they have ENDED it? Your above suggestion would have been a good way to possibly have prevented the situation, at the start. I'm done playing this game.

And about the DNA thing. Is it against the law to have Arkansas-like DNA amongst a population that has been much secluded for the past 70 years? I don't know. I don't think the judge ordered those tests to prove guilt of some yet to be charged offense. I thought it was more about helping to accertain which children belonged to which parents. But, you know, they went in there, with tanks and a Swat team. Sure looks like they were ready to go, first sign of anything. But what do I don't know. Yeah, this a free country. As long as you do what you're told, and don't act weird.

Now the question is how should they have ENDED it? Your above suggestion would have been a good way to possibly have prevented the situation, at the start. I'm done playing this game.

And about the DNA thing. Is it against the law to have Arkansas-like DNA amongst a population that has been much secluded for the past 70 years? I don't know. I don't think the judge ordered those tests to prove guilt of some yet to be charged offense. I thought it was more about helping to accertain which children belonged to which parents. But, you know, they went in there, with tanks and a Swat team. Sure looks like they were ready to go, first sign of anything. But what do I don't know. Yeah, this a free country. As long as you do what you're told, and don't act weird.

That's been a question all along. You really think inbreeding shouldn't be a crime? It's just acting weird and should be accepted by society? You and I have very different ideas of what is legally harmful and what is not.

That's been a question all along. You really think inbreeding shouldn't be a crime? It's just acting weird and should be accepted by society? You and I have very different ideas of what is legally harmful and what is not.

:unsure:;):(

;):(:D

:unsure::o

• 2 weeks later...

Linkage

SAN ANGELO, Texas (AP) -- The members of a polygamist sect raided by authorities two months ago have their children back, but with a criminal investigation looming, the sect's troubles may not be over.

"There have been criminal problems located out there," said Schleicher County Sheriff David Doran, who was with state troopers and child welfare authorities when they raided the Yearning For Zion Ranch in West Texas on April 3.

The Texas Department of Public Safety and the attorney general's office have taken over the criminal investigation at the request of authorities in the rural ranching community. Although they confirm that they are investigating, neither will say how long the investigation may take....

...The children were allowed to leave foster care after a judge bowed to a Texas Supreme Court ruling last week that the state overreached by taking all the children even though evidence of sexual abuse was limited to five teenage girls. Half the children taken from the ranch were no older than 5.

...The high court ruling and state District Judge Barbara Walther's orders returning the children do not affect the criminal investigation, which involves several trailer loads of documents confiscated during a raid lasting nearly a week. Authorities removed all documents and photos they say might show relationships between underage girls and older men.

"It's going to take a while. With any criminal case we investigate, we do as much as we possibly can before turning the case over to the prosecutors," said public safety spokeswoman Tela Mange.

Last week, investigators from the attorney general's office took DNA from Warren Jeffs, the jailed prophet of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, saying they were looking for evidence of relationships between Jeffs and four girls ages 12 to 15.

Under Texas law, girls younger than 17 generally cannot consent to sex with an adult. At a custody hearing, state attorneys introduced a photo they said was a wedding picture showing Jeffs embracing a girl and kissing her on the mouth.

Jeffs has been convicted in Utah as an accomplice to rape in the marriage of an underage sect member. He faces similar charges in Arizona, though no trial date has been set.

Authorities have DNA from all the children and many of the parents at the YFZ Ranch -- 603 samples in all -- but those results cannot be used by law enforcers without a court order because they were taken from parents and children as part of the custody case, not under a criminal search warrant.

Even if the DNA shows that children were born to underage girls and adult men, any prosecution will probably be difficult unless a victim testifies.

• 1 month later...
More Linkage

ELDORADO, Texas (AP) -- Polygamist leader Warren Jeffs was indicted in Texas on a count of child sexual assault, a first-degree felony. Five members of the sect also face charges.

Sounds like state officials are finally pursuing this the way that they should have in the first place. Even if it is, at this point, probably motivated by vengence and vindication, as much as by justice.

• 1 month later...