This might sound strange, but for now

Think about it: roughly 5 million additional people in the Greater Toronto Area will now potentially consider the Bills their favorite team as well. They support the team we support; they will be cheering on Sundays for our very own Buffalo Bills. How can you not like this? Its like having other parents cheer for your own child at an athletic contest.

As a result of this, the Bills will get increased exposure and coverage in the Toronto media, and probably in national media in both Canada and the US as well. How can we not like this either?

Hell, when you put the entire Western NY population together with the Southern Ontario population, including Toronto, the Bills could have one of the most populous fan bases in all of the NFL.

At any rate, it just struck me this morning that we now share a NFL kinship with Toronto, a truly great city that is not even in our own country. No other NFL team can boast that.

Think about it: roughly 5 million additional people in the Greater Toronto Area will now potentially consider the Bills their favorite team as well. They support the team we support; they will be cheering on Sundays for our very own Buffalo Bills. How can you not like this? Its like having other parents cheer for your own child at an athletic contest.

As a result of this, the Bills will get increased exposure and coverage in the Toronto media, and probably in national media in both Canada and the US as well. How can we not like this either?

Hell, when you put the entire Western NY population together with the Southern Ontario population, including Toronto, the Bills could have one of the most populous fan bases in all of the NFL.

At any rate, it just struck me this morning that we now share a NFL kinship with Toronto, a truly great city that is not even in our own country. No other NFL team can boast that.

... i'll take it one step further and say that both cities will have clubs (the Bills WILL get local ownership), share the revenues (an arrangement made because I think Toronto is considered Buffalos "NFL" territory), and both will play in the same division (Miami out) ...

Sounds great in theory, and no doubt the increased exposure and marketing should expand the fan base, but it's not as if the entire 5 million population is suddenly going to go nuts for American football. A small percentage of sports nuts will probably make up the vast majority of converts and new recruits.

Hockey is still king in Toronto, and there's probably a large portion of the metro population who doesn't give a flip about pro sports of any kind, let alone some other city's/country's football team.

Toronto is not Buffalo. Most major NFL cities don't have the kind of fan enthusiasm seen in Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Denver, et. al.

Will the strategy add to the fan base? I think so. Hopefully a larger "corporate fan base" (oxymoron), which is where the Bills are lagging behind the most in the league, will help them compete and remain viable, but I wouldn't include the number 5,000,000 in the equation of potential fans.