Just wondering if Spikes has signed w/ anybody?

Yeah we were running the 46, with the absolute worst compilation of 46 personnel ever. I doubt we would've re-signed Cowart, he was not a Donahoe guy. Donahoe only liked Donahoe guys, I can't remember him re-signing anybody from the previous regime at ANY point(although I can't remember when Moulds signed his deal) . We let Antoine Winfield and Pat Wiliams walk. Cut Ruben because he didn't get along with the coaching staff/administration anymore. Meanwhile Ruben signs with the Bears and plays at a respectable level for another few years while we fill his place with scrubs like Bennie Anderson and Tutan Reyes. Brilliant.

Hey, now. I thought the company line on the Ruben Brown thing was that the Bills upgraded when they stole Chris Villareal from the Bears and got rid of a malcontent.

One of TD's first moves as the new Bills GM was deciding between re-signing Marcellus Wiley or Eric Moulds. Both were pretty young and coming off good seasons, but only one could be re-signed, because of the cap mess Butler left, and TD chose Moulds. Had Cowart not suffered the Achilles, and given his age and the improved cap status, I think the Bills/TD would have re-signed him. In the case of Winfield, although he was good and young, the Vikes were offering him mad money (I believe he received an $8M roster bonus) and the Bills didn't believe he was worth it.

Some of TD's very first moves were to renegotiate contracts with Henry Jones and John Holecek. Then he hired Gregg and Gregg realized these guys didn't fit his system and cut them. Now that was brilliant.