Democrats Win GOP House Seat

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/elec...ss_N.htm?csp=34

And from Salon.com:

Bad news for the Republicans, then: In Louisiana, where they tried to bring down Don Cazayoux by using the looming specter of Obama against him, they failed.

In one ad run against Cazayoux, Republicans said, "A vote for Don Cazayoux is a vote for Barack Obama and [House Speaker] Nancy Pelosi." Another also brought up Obama and Pelosi, who had also been discussed in Boehner's strategy presentation. "Is Obama right for Louisiana? Is Pelosi? You decide," that ad said.

But on Saturday, Cazayoux won his race, taking over a seat held by Republicans for years. As the Wall Street Journal notes in its story on Cazyoux's election, "The victory could aid Sen. Obama in making his case to uncommitted, elected superdelegates wary of how the top of the ticket could affect their own races in November."

Ah, I love the smell of GOP panic in the morning:

WASHINGTON — Newt Gingrich, the man who engineered the Republican takeover of the House in 1994, warned his fellow Republicans on Tuesday that they faced disastrous losses in November without a quick change in political course.

In what was titled “My Plea to Republicans,” published on the Web site of the periodical Human Events, Mr. Gingrich, a former speaker, urged House Republicans to convene an emergency meeting in the wake of Saturday’s loss of a longtime Republican House seat in Louisiana. He called on them to force the leadership into devising a new approach to the coming elections.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/07/us/polit...amp;oref=slogin

Maybe...but what I find odd is that this should be the year that the Democrats steamroll the Republicans in the presidential elections (If all you Bush bad people are right) but the polls show McCain winning or losing by 1 or 2 percentage points. Either McCain is a decent choice or Obama or Clinton scare the crap out of middle of the road independants and Reagan Democrats. I guess there are alot of closet Bush supporters too.

Maybe...but what I find odd is that this should be the year that the Democrats steamroll the Republicans in the presidential elections (If all you Bush bad people are right) but the polls show McCain winning or losing by 1 or 2 percentage points. Either McCain is a decent choice or Obama or Clinton scare the crap out of middle of the road independants and Reagan Democrats. I guess there are alot of closet Bush supporters too.

With Obama and Clinton beating each other up I'm not surprised, but that said, I think McCain is view as a moderate by many.