With the shortened time to make picks

I know 15 minutes was too long but will 10 minutes be enough time to make important decisions that could effect your team for years.

With the shorter time, will the GM's talk, prior to the draft, to other teams they are willing to work with? Do they put potential trades together with certain triggers needed to happen so all they need to do is call them and confirm authorization? Do they talk different senarios of trade ups/downs for choices or personnnel? With only ten minutes to trade you don't have time to talk to more than one or two at most and iron out the details and then make a pick if all doesn't work out.

Does the Bills GM have many senarios mapped out for any eventuality and work it that way? With not notifying/discussing with others you don't know what their thoughts and response is and could take valuable time if it doesn't go as expected.

I wonder if we will see missed picks due to less time and not working things out in advance. Any other thoughts on what the shorter times will or will not affect.

I know 15 minutes was too long but will 10 minutes be enough time to make important decisions that could effect your team for years.

With the shorter time, will the GM's talk, prior to the draft, to other teams they are willing to work with? Do they put potential trades together with certain triggers needed to happen so all they need to do is call them and confirm authorization? Do they talk different senarios of trade ups/downs for choices or personnnel? With only ten minutes to trade you don't have time to talk to more than one or two at most and iron out the details and then make a pick if all doesn't work out.

Does the Bills GM have many senarios mapped out for any eventuality and work it that way? With not notifying/discussing with others you don't know what their thoughts and response is and could take valuable time if it doesn't go as expected.

I wonder if we will see missed picks due to less time and not working things out in advance. Any other thoughts on what the shorter times will or will not affect.

only if the front office contains a bunch of morons.

bytor, could you give me a short synopsis of what he said. I'm vacationing and can only get dial up at this condo. I only get 3 sec snipits every 2 minutes. Miss my DSL.

Thanks

happy to be of help.

He spoke of ten minutes being an eternity when it's the team ahead of you that's on the clock, but it feeling like 45 seconds when it's your time to pick. He actually smiled and suffered a fracture of the right cheek bone, but he was unphased by this and continued the interview in stride.

Basically, Bill talked about the new time limits in round 1 and 2. Round 2 is no major problem, but in Rd 1, if you are negotiating a trade, he revealed this.....are you ready???....."you gotta get it done"

Gee, thanks Mr. Wizard.

He also spoke of need picks being very risky.

That's all from my friend Bill.

I wonder how much leeway the NFL will give a team if they go over the limit. Remember the Vikings screw up ? It might happen again this year. Maybe to the Saints ;)

there is no leeway. the next team will be able to get their pick in on the scheduled time. if it takes the team a half hour to get their pick in, so be it. there's no timeouts in the NFL Draft.

Thanks Chris for confirming.

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6001

This draft will be very exciting and will require close attention because trades will trigger set up senarios. My bet is that there will be some late cards to the podium and teams trying to beat them to the podium. May be a little angst and trying to stick it to others too.

Can't wait. Be on your toes Bills. Let's get this team over the hump and into the playoffs!