Bills @ Dolphins Road Trip - Help

MRudney

I know there are many Bill's fans that trek to Miami for the Bills game every year. I am planning a trip for a small group of friends, and I am looking for advice from people that have attended in the past. Thanks!

Where is the best hotel or area to stay at?

Is there a common tailgate location?

I heard about a big party the night before the game for Buffalo fans that requires tickets. Anyone know the location and how to get tickets?

Is it best to get tickets from the Dolphins when they go on sale in the summer?

I know there are many Bill's fans that trek to Miami for the Bills game every year. I am planning a trip for a small group of friends, and I am looking for advice from people that have attended in the past. Thanks!

Where is the best hotel or area to stay at?

Is there a common tailgate location?

I heard about a big party the night before the game for Buffalo fans that requires tickets. Anyone know the location and how to get tickets?

Is it best to get tickets from the Dolphins when they go on sale in the summer?

Have Fun!

The area of the stadium isn't great, so you will probably want to get a hotel somewhere else. If you want to be on the beach, there are some decent places on Lauderdale beach that others here have stayed at. There are plenty of places on Miami beach, but good ones are expensive. If the beach isn't a key, then there are plenty of chain hotels for decent prices in the western suburbs of Lauderdale.

Miami fans show up late, so from 9-11:30 AM, the stadium lots are filled with Bills fans. I had a car park next to me, and a guy got out that used to work with me up in Buffalo. Usually park in the lot right off of the Florida Turnpike exit for the stadium...always has the first 4 or 5 rows filled with Bills fans.

Russ Salvatore used to always have a party, but I think it was a no-go recently. You will probably see others on the board start to make plans, so you could almost throw an impromptu party of your own by the time the game rolls around.

There are tons of tickets through scalpers usually, but if you have a group of people, there should be tickets through the ticketmaster site. You might be able to find better seats on EBay as season ticket holders sometimes only go to a few games and sell the rest. Sometimes you can get nice club seats with a face of $250+ for $50-75. They are a nice option if you don't want to bake in the sun, and want to root the Bills on with the least chance of a fight breaking out.

Since Miami is so bad....you should have plenty of time to weigh your options.

I have gone to that game 3 times with a large group from the WNY area.....I highly advise the Sheraton Yankee Clipper in Ft. Lauderdale....it is right on the beach.....there are 2 bars on premise (including 1 beach bar) and it is a nice hotel for the price. There are many bars to stumble to and from on the Blvd. as well (Blondies/Elbow Room...etc.)

I have gone to that game 3 times with a large group from the WNY area.....I highly advise the Sheraton Yankee Clipper in Ft. Lauderdale....it is right on the beach.....there are 2 bars on premise (including 1 beach bar) and it is a nice hotel for the price. There are many bars to stumble to and from on the Blvd. as well (Blondies/Elbow Room...etc.)

Thanks....I thought that's where many stayed. Not only do you have the laid back bar scene right on the beach...but a few miles up Los Olas you get the more commercial bar/food/shopping district which is pretty laid back as well.

I went last year-- and stayed in Miami Beach--big chain (could've been Starwood). If staying downtown or on the beach-- take a cab-- parking is pretty expensive and non-existent-- plus if plan on drinking you wont have any problem (ie Roscoe style).

If I were to do it again-- I would probably go to Fort Lauderdale-- I would defiantely get a car-- I like there beach area a bit more.