One Platoon Football!

With player salaries skyrocketing and injuries spiraling out of control I think there is some legitimate call for more of a one platoon team than the current two platoon system. That means players have to play on both offense and defense with only limited substitutions. ST has unlimited subbing....

I know that there is a new pro league starting up, if they used a single platoon style would that make things more exciting for you? Just different? Would you want to watch it?

With player salaries skyrocketing and injuries spiraling out of control I think there is some legitimate call for more of a one platoon team than the current two platoon system. That means players have to play on both offense and defense with only limited substitutions. ST has unlimited subbing....

I know that there is a new pro league starting up, if they used a single platoon style would that make things more exciting for you? Just different? Would you want to watch it?

Don't you think that if they were forced to play twice as much that they would want twice the money?

• 2 weeks later...
Don't you think that if they were forced to play twice as much that they would want twice the money?

Well that was part of the idea... they keep asking for higher contracts that eventually we can't afford 53 guys..... Take a look at the owners now considering an uncapped year because they don't want to pay the "Floor" of the salary cap which might be higher than an uncapped year...

The NFL used a single platoon style back in its early days, and it worked wuite well because of a lack of talent.... something noticeable in the league again.... why play some 7th project at DT when you could start your elite RG can fill in? (and do a better job)

OK maybe not a single platoon, but a return to more two-way players.

The NFL used a single platoon style back in its early days, and it worked wuite well because of a lack of talent....

I am well aware of what they used during the early days. Money was more of a driving force than lack of talent. The teams could barely scrape by and could not afford to have more people on their roster. Therefore, they had no choice but to use a single platoon system. The talent was there.