Went to the Sabres Game last night

stevestojan

It is the inadequate defensive play by both the defensemen and forwards that has really hurt the playoff pursuit. The odd-man rushes have become an epidemic of sorts. The late game collapses (most recently Ottawa and Montreal) and the shootout incompetence has really hurt the team. The defense also struggled last year. A study of the Anaheim model may help as they have a fairly complete team when it somes to forwards who play defense and defensemen who can rush. The Sabres have been picked apart just as Carolina was immediately after they won the cup. I suppose the bottom line is that if the Sabres can't even beat the teams in it's own division (especially Toronto) when they really need to win, do they deserve to be in the playoffs where they would get smoked anyways?

I believe there will be salary purge. Can we say rebuilding mode? Sounds like the Bills. Can Marshawn skate?

It is the inadequate defensive play by both the defensemen and forwards that has really hurt the playoff pursuit. The odd-man rushes have become an epidemic of sorts. The late game collapses (most recently Ottawa and Montreal) and the shootout incompetence has really hurt the team. The defense also struggled last year. A study of the Anaheim model may help as they have a fairly complete team when it somes to forwards who play defense and defensemen who can rush. The Sabres have been picked apart just as Carolina was immediately after they won the cup. I suppose the bottom line is that if the Sabres can't even beat the teams in it's own division (especially Toronto) when they really need to win, do they deserve to be in the playoffs where they would get smoked anyways?

I believe there will be salary purge. Can we say rebuilding mode? Sounds like the Bills. Can Marshawn skate?

Beastmode on skates, now that's something I'de pay to see. :nana: