Any suggestions on how to run a draft day pool?

I am having a draft day party with 20 plus people and have to come up with a draft day pool. I was thinking of having everyone submit the players that they think each team will draft in the first round. Each player will receive a point value for the number of picks away the player was actually picked vs. where each person had that player slotted on their sheet. For example, if you had Peterson slotted to go at 3 and he goes at 12, you would receive a +9 for Peterson. The point values for all 32 players that each person picks will be added together and the person with the lowest score wins the pot of money. I am also thinking of running a side pool, where each person throws in a dollar and chooses who they think will be picked #1. If you are right you go to the next pick, and have to put in another dollar, if you are wrong you are out. The last person remaining obviously takes the pot and we start another one.

I was thinking of having everyone submit the players that they think each team will draft in the first round. Each player will receive a point value for the number of picks away the player was actually picked vs. where each person had that player slotted on their sheet. For example, if you had Peterson slotted to go at 3 and he goes at 12, you would receive a +9 for Peterson. The point values for all 32 players that each person picks will be added together and the person with the lowest score wins the pot of money.

I like it...

I am also thinking of running a side pool, where each person throws in a dollar and chooses who they think will be picked #1. If you are right you go to the next pick, and have to put in another dollar, if you are wrong you are out. The last person remaining obviously takes the pot and we start another one.

This is good, only as a side pool though. You're likely to lose of a lot of guys early in a pool like this....