Stop Right There or I'll Scoot!

MattyT

Finally, the bike cops will have someone to snicker about...

I'll admit, this might be more effective than I originally thought. The bad guys might collapse with laughter. And does this really deserve a press conference...?

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...NEWS01/70330019

Rochester Police Get Scooters for Street Patrols

(March 30, 2007) — Rochester Police Chief David Moore is holding a news conference at 4 p.m. today to announce that the department has gotten Segway Personal Transporters — stand-up scooters — to be used by officers on the streets.

The Greece Police Department got one about 1 ½ years ago that is used to patrol The Mall at Greece Ridge.

The news conference is at Aquinas Institute, 1127 Dewey Ave.

I'll admit, this might be more effective than I originally thought. The bad guys might collapse with laughter. And does this really deserve a press conference...?

(March 30, 2007) — Rochester Police Chief David Moore is holding a news conference at 4 p.m. today to announce that the department has gotten Segway Personal Transporters — stand-up scooters — to be used by officers on the streets.

The Greece Police Department got one about 1 ½ years ago that is used to patrol The Mall at Greece Ridge.

"Stop or I'll Scoot"... :blink:

On the 1/2 hour Discovery Channel show "How It's Made", the Segway was one of the products. Pretty spiffy. They mentioned that the price was around $6,500...so the RPD got a nice discount.

OMG. How humiliating for someone who more than likely has a two year degree in criminal justice from Monroe Community College.

I'd probably piss on them when i was drunk.

Wasn't Segway, aka "It", supposed to revolutionize the world or something :thumbsup:

!@#$ "It", i think i saw one in my entire life, and the douche bag riding it was in new york city. He obviously had a stick or a dick crammed up his ass.