Guitar players

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always like the grit of something used. I have a late 70s/early 80s Fender London Reverb. Sweet spring reverb in it, it doesn't master distortion all that well and I find I need to use a pedal to really get it to scream, but the clean tone is superb, and a little overdriven it sounds really nice. I play a Tele so no way am I getting full-on heavy metal tone out of it anyway.

Don't know Line6's amps but their DL-4 delay modeler with 14-second sampling and overdub mode is awesome.

Well as an update, I ordered the 120W combo amp and footpedal, but it wasn't scheduled to ship until the end of April. So tonight a friend invites the misses and myself to a bar where some friends of hers have a band. The wife of one of the band members says "you should jam with them" and tells me about another guy in the area who plays drums. Looks like I might have found me a potential band. So I cancelled my 120W order and ordered the 150W combo amp, which should arrive here Wednesday. Again probably more than I need, but as I said, sometimes you gotta say WTF!

Well as an update, I ordered the 120W combo amp and footpedal, but it wasn't scheduled to ship until the end of April. So tonight a friend invites the misses and myself to a bar where some friends of hers have a band. The wife of one of the band members says "you should jam with them" and tells me about another guy in the area who plays drums. Looks like I might have found me a potential band. So I cancelled my 120W order and ordered the 150W combo amp, which should arrive here Wednesday. Again probably more than I need, but as I said, sometimes you gotta say WTF!

:devil::D

That's great news. Good luck, man. Hope the rig kicks serious ass!

Make sure you come back here and let us know how that thing cranks.

I will. I'll be getting it Wednesday (I hope the footpedal, which is coming from Musician's Friend and not Amazon like the amp, comes soon after). And I'm going to install an EMG-89 that I was saving for the 3rd/last guitar I was going to build into my current/2nd guitar. That should make it scream!

Edited by MadBuffaloDisease

Got my amp yesterday but got to it late and could only play it at low volume (kids). But I got the chance to turn it up today and that thing rocks! It makes me want to get back into a band big time. So far I've tracked-down a drummer (have yet to contact him), but the hardest part is finding a good singer.

BTW, anyone have any experience with EMG pickups? I bought an EMG 89 years ago that I installed. I like it, mostly because it has a coil splitter (humbucker to single coil), but it seems like it's lower output than I need for lead. Maybe I'm just being silly.

Thanks again.

Got my amp yesterday but got to it late and could only play it at low volume (kids). But I got the chance to turn it up today and that thing rocks! It makes me want to get back into a band big time. So far I've tracked-down a drummer (have yet to contact him), but the hardest part is finding a good singer.

BTW, anyone have any experience with EMG pickups? I bought an EMG 89 years ago that I installed. I like it, mostly because it has a coil splitter (humbucker to single coil), but it seems like it's lower output than I need for lead. Maybe I'm just being silly.

Thanks again.

I tell you there is nothing like a new amp to get you all pumped about playing music. Glad you like it.

No experience with EMGs...I just switch guitars