Michael Turner

I think Michael Turner would be the answer to our RB question and what do you think it would take to get him here? I'd be willing to give up a 1st and a 3rd. Thoughts?

Just f-ing with everyone.......somebody had to start at least one Turner thread today. :lol:

I think Michael Turner would be the answer to our RB question and what do you think it would take to get him here? I'd be willing to give up a 1st and a 3rd. Thoughts?

Just f-ing with everyone.......somebody had to start at least one Turner thread today. :lol:

Good call. Ugh, I'm not sure I would give up a first, but maybe a third or fourth. I think we look to the draft. DT, LB, or CB in the first and then the second round talent for runningbacks.

Good call. Ugh, I'm not sure I would give up a first, but maybe a third or fourth. I think we look to the draft. DT, LB, or CB in the first and then the second round talent for runningbacks.

I was being sarcastic....I like turner but I'd rather spend 1 of our draft picks on an unproven starter rather than two high picks on San Diego's unproven starter.

You're avatar looks like Andy Pettitte's kid brother.

Thats my homeboy Waino. Played High School Football with him in Georgia and now he pitches for my Cardinals, which means free tickets for me. Anyway, its pretty much my claim to fame these days, pretty sad.

Just f-ing with everyone.......somebody had to start at least one Turner thread today. :D

Believe it or not I think the Michael Turner idea is a good fit for Buffalo. In limited time with San Diego, he showed signs of what he could do at a starting role for any team. As of now, I don't feel it necessary for Buffalo to use another high pick on a possition player while it is obvious that the defense is sputtering. The league's 28th ranked run defense minus London Fletcher-Baker is in desperate need of help. Use the 12th on either Okaye or Willis and hopefully fill a much needed void right there. Plus Michael Bush will be available in the 2nd.

Believe it or not I think the Michael Turner idea is a good fit for Buffalo. In limited time with San Diego, he showed signs of what he could do at a starting role for any team. As of now, I don't feel it necessary for Buffalo to use another high pick on a possition player while it is obvious that the defense is sputtering. The league's 28th ranked run defense minus London Fletcher-Baker is in desperate need of help. Use the 12th on either Okaye or Willis and hopefully fill a much needed void right there. Plus Michael Bush will be available in the 2nd.

So you're willing to sacrifice two good picks for a guy no one as any idea if he will be a good starting RB. Not smart. What if he turns out to be an awful starting Rb, then what do you do.

you just can't be serious - a first and a third. might be the dumbest post ever. Did it occur to you that there are 32 teams in the league and not one would even consider for one second making a ridiculous deal like that. When was the last time any team gave up a first and a third for ANY player, much less an unproven, back up running back

I know this thread was started with joking around, but people are getting serious. Can I say this once and for all:

Michael Turner can be a 2007 Bill if traded for for less than a 1st and 3rd, and there is NO way the Chargers would say no to a lower offer in some cases, rather than watching him sit behind LT all year and then walk for nothing (example, we offer #12 - a bad decision which we will not do, and he is ours without the third, and I think they would probably listen to a 2nd rounder).

Michael Turner will not be a 2007 Bill as an UFA. A 1st and a 3rd block him and force any team interested to negotiate with San Diego and make a trade. No team will sign him, and the 1st and a 3rd might as well be seven firsts and a starting defense. It is a make believe option that has nothing to do with getting Michael Turner.

Just f-ing with everyone.......somebody had to start at least one Turner thread today. :D

I could see giving up a first and a third rounder for Nick Johnson-but not Michael Turner! :D

you just can't be serious - a first and a third. might be the dumbest post ever. Did it occur to you that there are 32 teams in the league and not one would even consider for one second making a ridiculous deal like that. When was the last time any team gave up a first and a third for ANY player, much less an unproven, back up running back

EXACTLY! :D:D

Hi. My name is Koufax. I'm a Bills fan. I'd like to share with the group that if we get Michael Turner it would be through a trade for far less than a 1st and 3rd, and not as a RFA.

So that said, considering he will just be backing up (on the bench) LT for a year and then walking, what do you think San Diego would want for him? Please do not answer a 1st and a 3rd, because that's like us saying we wanta 1st and a 3rd for Willis...not gonna happen. What is the lowest offer that you as a Chargers fan would rather have than Michael Turner on your bench? I think the Bills high #2 would get it done, and that that pick would be worth more to the Chargers than a year of Turner on the bench. I'm not saying that that would be a good deal for the Bills (not without an extension at a reasonable rate), but I think it would for the Chargers.