Bills really pick #9 in the draft...

I hear ya - but the Bills wanted to draft Whitner - or so they said last year - and most everyone believes they could have traded down and still have gotten him but they did not.

I have heard the comments that the Bills were afraid someone else would draft him if they traded down...yada yada.

My point is - this means that Levy already has had the opportunity once to do what you are suggesting but instead used the pick to draft the guy he wanted. He doesn't like to take risks when his guy is there. So, although I like your suggetsion, my own prediction is Marv will draft his guy or move up to draft him.

Man, though, won't it be exciting if Peterson is there at 12!

-rgg

CIN was very interested in Whitner. They ended up drafting CB Jonathan Joseph, and then acquiring S Dexter Jackson from Tampa Bay.

Is this a real thread?

Bills "really" pick #9?

I'm quite sure that they are really picking #12.

Desperation is sad.

If you want to take this approach and stretch it you can say that the Bills really have the #1 pick in the draft.

:wallbash::beer::D:P

Is this a real thread?

Bills "really" pick #9?

Desperation is sad.

People high jacked it a while ago. Pretty much shot down the brilliant idea that the Bills are picking 9th.

Civil Service Message: Kids, marijuana does many things including making you think in abstract ways about the NFL Draft that have absolutely no baring on the actual thing, and just results in your peers pointing and laughing. So, don't do drugs. THE MORE YOU KNOW.

Is this a real thread?

Bills "really" pick #9?

Desperation is sad.

If you want to take this approach and stretch it you can say that the Bills really have the #1 pick in the draft.

:wallbash::beer::D:P

No, No. Wait. It has struck me. We take our first over all pick and trade it to the Bills who are picking at number 12 for fourth round pick, the real Bills get two picks man.

How about thinking of the draft in this term...Obviously the Bills will not pick a QB or a S at #12. Russell, Quinn, and Laron Landry will be off the board for sure. Technically if you remove those three players the Bills have the 9th best player at a needed position. Freakin Adam Schefter has me all reved up now talking about the Browns wanting Brady Quinn and Adrian Peterson possibly being available to the Bills.

he isn't the only person speculting that. on the opening drive radio show with poppa and randy cross they're predicting that peterson will drop all the way to buffalo and here is they're reason... they interviewed charlie weis at 9am today and got the impression that quinn will go to the browns at pick three(he has been talking with old buddy romoe cronell). teams falling after this dont need rbs

tampa bay- already has a cadillac in the garage probablyu going with calvin johnson (2% chance)

arizona- too many needs... edge/shipp/jj arrington (15% chance)

washington- portis/betts (3% chance)

minnesota- way too many needs plus already have chester the molester (10% chance)

houston- ahman green and co. (25% chance)

miami- ronnie brownie (2% chance)

atlanta- warrick dunn and jerious norwood (5% chance)

san francisco- frank gore (0% chance)

buffalo bills- NOBODY (95% if hes still on the board)

if he gets past houston at 8 you can expect him to get to 12 and hopefully marv makes the right choice.

he isn't the only person speculting that. on the opening drive radio show with poppa and randy cross they're predicting that peterson will drop all the way to buffalo and here is they're reason... they interviewed charlie weis at 9am today and got the impression that quinn will go to the browns at pick three(he has been talking with old buddy romoe cronell). teams falling after this dont need rbs

tampa bay- already has a cadillac in the garage probablyu going with calvin johnson (2% chance)

arizona- too many needs... edge/shipp/jj arrington (15% chance)

washington- portis/betts (3% chance)

minnesota- way too many needs plus already have chester the molester (10% chance)

houston- ahman green and co. (25% chance)

miami- ronnie brownie (2% chance)

atlanta- warrick dunn and jerious norwood (5% chance)

san francisco- frank gore (0% chance)

buffalo bills- NOBODY (95% if hes still on the board)

if he gets past houston at 8 you can expect him to get to 12 and hopefully marv makes the right choice.

Since Peterson is so good, and most of the teams in the top 10 have multiple needs, it is highly likely that one of those teams trades down with someone wanting Peterson.

There is very little chance he makes it to #12.

If peterson slips from Cleveland he is prime meat all the way down. It would be very hard to turn him down for any of the teams, so I think a more likely scenario is that a team comes off of Okoye, Willis or Branch to take him and we get the trickle down benefit of one of the three. If I'm wrong and Peterson is available? I'm assuming Okoye and Branch would have to have been taken...and I'd go with Peterson...too good to pass up and it is a position of need. If Okoye is available..we've got a lot of serious discussing and a VERY hard decision to make.

I know at this point everything is speculative etc.......but........most analysis I read has Willis going well after we pick(around 20). There seems to be a common view here that he is a definite top 10 prospect.

If peterson slips from Cleveland he is prime meat all the way down. It would be very hard to turn him down for any of the teams, so I think a more likely scenario is that a team comes off of Okoye, Willis or Branch to take him and we get the trickle down benefit of one of the three. If I'm wrong and Peterson is available? I'm assuming Okoye and Branch would have to have been taken...and I'd go with Peterson...too good to pass up and it is a position of need. If Okoye is available..we've got a lot of serious discussing and a VERY hard decision to make.

Compelling. Completely agree.

Cleveland doesn't take Peterson, let's say. They are weak on O-Line (OT and OG), so they take Joe Thomas.

Tampa and Arizona have their RB's and don't shop the pick. The freefall begins for AP.

Washington may be looking for an RB, but they have bigger needs on both lines. They could trade their pick, but make the choice of Jamaal Anderson, Branch or Levi Brown.

Minnesota would take WR, and not RB.

Houston's set at RB, so maybe they go for Brady Quinn or the WR du jour.

Miami, Atlanta, and SF all have specific needs more than RB:

Miami=WR, OT, OC, maybe CB, and might take a falling QB.

Atlanta=DE, FS, OG, OT. I think they get LaRon Landry here, and they're excited.

SanFran=WR is biggest need IMO, but DT, DE, OLB all rate above RB.

And The Bills have the board's best running back at their pick.