2008 Possible free agent

I was talking with Heath Miller's (TE #83 Pittsburgh) cousin the other day abouth Heath just getting married and building a home in Pa. We were talking about his short career so far, 2 years, this to be his third. His contract was for 5 years with some kind of option after 3. Now Heath is a great receiving TE, but not used often enough and that is why he told his cousin unless used more he wants out of Pitt. If you remember the Pitt-Sea superbowl they never threw him the ball once. He told me once Buffalo had talked with him, but he never made the second round, TD had traded away Buffalo's first. How would it work for Buffalo to get him with his contract the way it is if he really wants out?

I was talking with Heath Miller's (TE #83 Pittsburgh) cousin the other day abouth Heath just getting married and building a home in Pa. We were talking about his short career so far, 2 years, this to be his third. His contract was for 5 years with some kind of option after 3. Now Heath is a great receiving TE, but not used often enough and that is why he told his cousin unless used more he wants out of Pitt. If you remember the Pitt-Sea superbowl they never threw him the ball once. He told me once Buffalo had talked with him, but he never made the second round, TD had traded away Buffalo's first. How would it work for Buffalo to get him with his contract the way it is if he really wants out?

if it is a 3rd year player option that was used, he would be a RFA and Pittsburgh would be able to match any deal if he was tendered at the lowest. being a 1st round draft pick, that would be the compensation if a team were to sign him with the Steelers failing to match.

if it is a team option that they refused to pick up, he would become an UFA.

If he wants to be used more, why would he want to come to Buffalo?

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302118 Royal Stats

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/416861 Miller Stats

Well Marv is a fan of the TE. Metzelaars, Rolle, McKellar. If we had a TE we could believe in, like Heath, he'd see more receiving action. You need more than a RB or WR threat on 2nd or3rd and short.

I appreciate the idea, but we need a TE like we need another assshole. If 2008 rolls around and TE is our biggest problem, I'll be happy.

First we are talking 2008 free agent possibilities. Now how often have guys like Pete Metzelaars, Todd Christensen, Kellen Winslow, Tony Gonzalez, Algie Crumpler came into play or have helped out. If you think TE is un-important, than you will have a small shallow playbook. Besides I have watched his blocking progress also, now he doesn't move everybody, but he sure does hold his own.