Attending this year's draft?

turftoe

This year I would like to attend the draft in person. Is the draft going to be at Radio City Music Hall this year? I've heard that it is on a first come, first served basis but would like the inside scoop if any of you have first hand knowledge. Thanks in advance.

I have been to the draft twice, both times at the Garden. The first time we walked up at 10:00 AM got a ticket (free) and went in at 11:00 AM it was great.

That was the year we drafted Mike Williams.

The last time ( Lee Evans & JP Loseman were drafted) we went it was a pain in the arse. We went to Broadway show on Friday night ( Insure the domestic tranquility) When we were coming home from the play ( 11PM ) one of my kids noticed a line at the Garden. The found out that they were opening at Midnight to give out wrist bands for the draft. I took my wife back to the Hotel and the kids got in line. We got Wrist bands about 1:30 AM and they said that the wrist band would guarantee you a spot if you were back by 6:00 AM. We went back to the Hotel to get some sleep and then back to the Garden.They let us in at 6:00 AM , but kept us in the hallway so we slept on the floor/ hung around till about 11:30 when they let us in to the Theatre at MSG. In just a few years it went from being all die hard fans to mostly corporate "guests" who had tickets a head of time and got the prime seats. The free open to the public seats were only about 20% of the crowd. It was still interesting and a good time, but not as mcuh fun as in the past.

Good Luck if you go.