Does Denver have...

a different salary cap than the rest of the league?

Somebody explain to me how they can entertain and sign all of these guys? I'm mystified.

Well, they never whined about small market status then signed 75 million bucks worth of OL's. There's that...

a different salary cap than the rest of the league?

Somebody explain to me how they can entertain and sign all of these guys? I'm mystified.

If your city is a certain amount of feet above sea level, then your salary cap is a percentage wise higher due to the extra exertion required to play in the thinner air.

How close to the cap are the Bengals?

Dunno. Their public claims are more or less poverty. The justification for canning LB Simmons was to free up cash for signing their various FA's, and a hefty hit if they re-sign the franchise-tagged DE Justin Smith. Like IND, they have a gazillion bucks tied up in their qb - much of it guaranteed. I don't know what IND's dollar commitment to their OL and their WRs is - but those take a big chunk out of the B'gals salary money (as well it should).

The financial hit to them if Palmer goes down for the count would be massive. So they stock up on OL and WR talent. Their OL bench could start for many clubs.