WOW, lots of Bills talk on new ESPN Chat Wrap!

jri111

Stuart (Ottawa, Canada): do the Bills have a shot at Okoye at 12?

Matt Williamson: Yeah, I think so. His stock is soaring, but the Top 10 could be a little high for him. He would be hard to pass up for Buff at that spot. Lynch makes some sense as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Brad (NM): McGahee on the trading block? Is this a good idea for Buffalo and what will they seek in return?

Matt Williamson: Not really up to them and their hands are sorta tied. He is a free agent a year from now and as a Miami guy, has never really liked being in Buffalo-culture shock to say the least. He will not resign with them and he could command a nice pick in return instead of letting him walk a year from now for nothing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Mikey(Beth Park NY): Any chance the Bills would go after Michael Turner?

Matt Williamson: Maybe, but it would cost them a ton of $$$, plus at least a first rounder, as he is a restricted free agent. Awfully pricey.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xander (Philly): If the Bills do trade Willis, who will they acquire for RB? Or will the stay with the A-Train?

Matt Williamson: A Train isn't good enough and even if they keep McGahee, they need to find another RB. They need two if he leaves, one of which would surely come through the draft on Day 1-like Leonard, Bush or Hunt.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike(NY): Do you think Cato June will get signed right away on Friday? Do you think the Bills would be interested?

Matt Williamson: Yeah, I think he will get signed to big bucks very early, but I also think that he is vastly overrated and really needs to be protected. Any of those Tampa 2 teams who need a WLB will be after him, but I don't think he is worth the $$$.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

philly (philly): I enjoy your chat wraps, I've learned a TON about the Jags, Pats, and Bills!

Matt Williamson: True-a lot of these questions have been about the same few teams, but your Eagles got a couple of questions in themselves!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND THEN SOME INDIRECT, BUT ALSO INTERESTING QUESTIONS...

Charles (Miami): Who's the best defensive player in the draft 5 years from now? I still cant get over the potential of Okoye, only 19!

Matt Williamson: That's not a bad pick, but I think I would take Gaines Adams. Jon Beason and Timmons are two guys who could be in that conversation as well.

mike (chicago): Tony Hunt or Michael Bush?

Matt Williamson: Great question. Really on the fence with that. Bush worries me because he runs so high and is such a big target, but he can do some rare things for such a huge RB. Gimmie Bush, but that is tough.

I really agreed with almost everything he said, especially about Cato June. I definitley see him as a guy that is going to get good money in FA and not be worth the investment. Although I think he's a good player, he's definitley no Lance Briggs... especially for the money he'll be commanding. The more and more I think about it, the draft looks to be the way to go to fix our LB issues.

A couple in interesting side notes: both Paul Puzluzney and Tim Shaw of Penn State had excellent days at the combine today. Puz is expected to go anywhere from mid-first round to mid second. If he's there at 11th pick in round two, I would hate to see us pass him up. As for Shaw, he may be a guy that can be a steal in the later rounds. Many draft experts have him rated as an early second day guy and i think he would be a steal in round 4 if we hadn't addressed OLB by that time (either through the draft or FA).

Just a quick clarification with the OLB. That is of course, assuming we move angelo crowell inside, which i think is the route we are leaning towards. The only MLB out there worth getting that can start right away, in either FA or the draft is Partick Willis. I def wouldn't be opposed to getting him, but i think he's a guy that's too early to take at 12 and wont be there when we come up again at 11 in round 2...